Big Dog 17-Apr-21
steve 17-Apr-21
soapdish 17-Apr-21
steve 18-Apr-21
nehunter 18-Apr-21
18-Dec-20

soapdish's embedded Photo
Just took a second look and noticed that there's a 3 legged deer. Looks like she was born that way.

18-Dec-20
Amazing they can survive with a 25% handicap to evade predators.

18-Dec-20
Had a couple of them over the years .

18-Dec-20
Shes counting on getting a pass for having one less blade roast and shank for osso bucco along for the ride.

18-Dec-20
something I don't see every day, cool pic

18-Dec-20
Could have been mowed off. My cousin hit a fawn last hay season. He said he cut the leg off. Figured he would put the little guy out of his misery. He didn't even come close to catching it. New born, three legs after a traumatic amputation, and ran like hell. I'm sure most would succumb to coyotes or shock, but they do have a will to survive.

18-Dec-20
.ILene..lol

18-Dec-20
My son liked Ihop. I like tripod tenderloin. The way my year is going, she'll probably get by me too....lol

21-Dec-20
Haha tripod tenderloin is a good one!

15-Apr-21

Tripod tenderloin made it through the winter

15-Apr-21
They say take only what you need... I wasn't that hungry that day.

15-Apr-21
Growing up on a farm I had many mishaps with fawns just like Brian described. We then put extension bars on the front of our tractors with short pieces of chain hanging down so the chains would hit the fawns first and scare them so they would run off before they got “mowed” It worked most of the time but not always. It’s an ugly mess when you see a fawn go through a bailer!

16-Apr-21
You have a 25% better chance to get her .

17-Apr-21
Something sad about any three legged deer. During Vt. and Maine gun seasons I saw deer (one a doe ) with lower rear leg almost completely shot off, dangling by some hide. Likely the result of someone screwing up a running shot IMHO. Not a pretty picture but front page stuff for the Antis.

17-Apr-21
I never saw a deer with three legs ?? n the wild . Have a lot on camera . Best I saw was the 8 ptr dragging 15 ft of deer fence and tripping as it walked , he came home with me . And a big 9 that I called in that was limping. I think he got hit buy a car , he came home with me too .

17-Apr-21
I'm intrigued. Looks surgically removed lol.

18-Apr-21

18-Apr-21
I've had two different Does with three legs in past ten years. We've all butchered Deer and I've always been amazed how the front leg's are held in place. Basically you can just rip it off without cutting bone.

Also saw a three legged bear and my buddy shot one in Maine. It was a clean no scarred area. No wounds.

Tough creatures.

• Sitka Gear