Shawn 07-Jan-21
Quinn @work 07-Jan-21
sitO 10-Jan-21
Sand man 11-Jan-21
18-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:01am...

Seems like it's been a yr, but really just 10 days or so. Been ready to get back on track but have had lots going on...did a little Crappie fishin and goose huntin too...but ready to be back in the woods!

I've been here, holding a late season tag, many times. As mentioned on other threads, it can be a great time to find a worn out old buck back on a pattern. I'm not hell bent on killing one, but would like to see what made it through, and if the opportunity presents itself well...

The buck above isn't huge, he's better than the pic provides, just an example of why you should continue to get after'm if you can and want to. He was my first buck, and it's a hunt I'll never forget!

Had planned to hunt last night, but spent the afternoon with a can of purple paint instead...long story, some here are privy to my "neighbor challenges" this year...no worries. I did check several cameras yesterday and got them "batteried up". No mature bucks on anything I pulled, but that will change. Wanted to give them plenty of time to settle back in.

Sitting a travel/staging area this morning hoping to catch them returning from some winter wheat. Still a bit of snow on the ground here by Attica. Wind is SSW and will be gusting around 30 by noon...it's 40° give or take.

Let's see if I can get-r-dun...

18-Dec-20
About time man....I was starting to think you crept out the back door and went hunting without us. Glad you’re back and good luck.

18-Dec-20
7:18am...

Doe, fawn, and a small buck already heading this way

18-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
7:49am...

The little 5pt was doggin the fawn, but she was having none of that and ran back S. She must be close to or just coming out of estrous. This I think...because shortly after a young 9pt, probably 130", came from the N headed her way...stopping and filtering the air as he came

He couldn't locate her and eventually turned back N

18-Dec-20
Git r dunn Kyle!

I’ve seen more late rutting activity this year than I ever have before. I had 4 bucks chasing 2 doe fawns all around me yesterday morning until 11:00. The bucks would dog the doe fawns, and the mama does would try and chase away the bucks! It was quite the spectacle to behold.

18-Dec-20
Good luck Kyle!

18-Dec-20
9:08am...

Ya just never know, I've seen some crazy late season rutting activity over the years.

I'm going to bail, Dad's coming down, gonna cut him a load of wood...back at it later

18-Dec-20
Remember if you are having neighbor issues that purple paint only means no hunting,fishing or trapping according CWO they can still trespass so thats why you need signs

18-Dec-20
Good luck man. Attica is getting pounded pretty hard by tv hunters. I know they took 30 does off one place. Hope you are South of town and not Nw

18-Dec-20
They can still trespass? What?

18-Dec-20
Hmm, the way I read it the paint was sufficient but I've got a case with Sumner Co Sheriff, and with the GW...I'll verify thanks Randy. I have signs too but didn't put them up...yet.

We're E of town Matt, but yea I've got a couple of wannabe TV corn-stars just N of us...horrible people.

18-Dec-20
12:43pm...

Got a pickup bed of wood for pops to go "carve" up, 79yrs young and not slowing down!

I'm headed into the spot I had the buck at 10yrds(last hunt prior to today) W of Caldwell. Wind is good, SW, but gusting over 30mph so I'm going to sit on the ground again. Not much service in there...catch up when I can.

18-Dec-20
Good luck, I’m planning on trying to get back on the stand in a few days...

18-Dec-20
Good luck, hope you get a chance at the big one tonight.

18-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:97pm...

Two fawns, four doe's, a 120" 8pt...

And a nock that's possessed?

No big boy tonight

18-Dec-20
Stay after it bud! Still plenty of time! It wouldn’t be the same if you killed one early.....you get your money’s worth of that tag every year seems like.....here’s to good luck on the final push!!!

18-Dec-20
Keep after em!

18-Dec-20
Keep the faith brother!

18-Dec-20
Thanks guys, ain't over til...

Nothing too exciting here, well maybe for Dave, just impressed with the quality of video from this camera

18-Dec-20
GETTER’ DONE BROTHER!

18-Dec-20
GETTER’ DONE BROTHER!

19-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:19pm...

Set up on the ground again this afternoon...S of Argonia...cut beans that never got drilled to wheat unfortunately. Haven't hunted this spot at all this year, but have on the other side of the river.

They should filter out from my left side in pic. There have been several doe's out on here but haven't picked up any bucks...ya never know though.

Wind is mostly W but starting to get a little S in it...all good for here. It's around 45° I reckon

19-Dec-20
Good luck Kyle, I’m out this evening too. After a big nine that has managed to stay out of range the few times we’ve seen him. He was still alive and kicking last Saturday evening, so hopefully he stayed away from the rifle guys the last day too.

19-Dec-20
Good luck buddy. If this helps my #1 and #2 just showed back up on cameras after a four week hiatus.

19-Dec-20
Git er done. Great day to be out

19-Dec-20
4:03pm...

Thanks fellas, and good luck to you who are still holding!

Just had a doe and fawn trot by behind me along the river

19-Dec-20
Good luck. I may be able to get out New Year’s Eve, but most likely I’m done. I saw three mature bucks chasing a doe today at 10:00 in the middle of a wheat field. Last one was a stud. Hopefully you get a hot doe and a string of bucks in tow.

19-Dec-20
6:03pm...

Didn't catch no deer's tonight...saw one racoon and a guy with an IQ of 7 maybe 8

That would have been cool Sam, yea I'm hoping for something similar

19-Dec-20
I am friends with a Game Warden in Southern Iowa......He always says that some of this years fawns will come in heat around 12-15 each year.......KSJ any chance it was a fawn?

19-Dec-20
Still tapping the refresh here nightly. Lots of time left... Was bored a couple months ago and playing on the P&Y records search. When tabulating harvest dates of the top 100 non-typ’s and top 100 typicals killed in Kansas, December 31st had more entries than 14 of 30 days in November.

19-Dec-20
I couldn’t tell. We were headed home from a bball game and saw them cross the road ahead. I could tell one had his entire right side broke and the last one was a great buck. Interesting thing was the closet cover was at least a half mile from where they came and nothing where they were going.

19-Dec-20
The bucks I've seen acting "interested" have all been following fawns, but I'd bet there's an older doe or two that didn't get bred.

Justin and both of his boys hunted my Attica spot tonight, saw one doe between the three of them...and then 16 out on the wheat by the truck...not sure if there were any bucks as it was dark.

19-Dec-20
Had one of the biggest 8s I’ve ever seen while hunting push a doe fawn under me in a Dec 22.

“That’s all I have to say about that...”

21-Dec-20
I had a group of 4 does 1 fawn and two bucks come in Saturday evening. The largest buck was interested in one of the mature does. He pushed her into range and I decided to fill an anterless tag. Just as I drew he made a run at her and ruined my shot opportunity. To make matters worse the fawn busted me. Neither buck showed interest in the fawn. I don't know if the doe was ready or not but the largest buck seemed to have hopes.

21-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
2:22pm...

Any given moment right Lee!

I'm set up on the ground S of Argonia back in a hole this afternoon. Lots of fresh sign and some scrapes that have been touched up recently.

Not liking this "light and variable" wind but I can't change that. It's like 62° and wind is supposed to be WSW most of the afternoon, if that holds true I'm good.

This is another travel route from bedding out to cut beans drilled to wheat. Let's see what cometh...

21-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
2:54pm...

A forky just strolled by at 15yds...perty neat

21-Dec-20
5:58pm...

It's a no

Did have a single doe go between me and the river around 4:15, but nothing with her. Also had a juvenile baldy buzz me...reckon I'll have to try again manana

22-Dec-20
Good to see you back at it and posting!

Good luck!

23-Dec-20
647am...

Tried for geese yesterday morning, and after my nap I just couldn't get motivated to go sit in 65° 40mph winds. Going to be even higher winds today but a cold front is pushing through...hoping it gets them on their feet during daylight.

I'm on the ground again, and in "Deep 6" territory... but not sure he's even still around. Got a different spot planned for this afternoon.

Getting down to the wire, maybe today's the day...

23-Dec-20
7:28am...

Several deer out on the cut beans N of me, a couple bucks but not what I'm looking for. They're all heading back to cover and I was hoping they'd come S...if not this will be a short sit and I'll go check some cameras.

23-Dec-20
Merry Christmas to all in Kansas.

23-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
8:19am...

Thanks CR, and to you and yours!

I bailed, they all headed into cover following the red arrow and N of that. Was hoping some would filter down to the wheat I was set up on but as my father would say...wish in one hand...

Back at it this afternoon

23-Dec-20
I’d like to see you get a shot at the buck over at your Caldwell spot. Hopefully he survived gun season.

23-Dec-20
Me too Brian! Camera was dead but I'm fixing that today so we'll see if there's anything left down there

23-Dec-20
will you shoot a doe or two for yummy meat treats at some point Kyle? I made venison bacon (imitation bacon) out of some of mine the other day and it turned out amazing! I'll be making snack sticks and summer sausage next but i'll for sure save enough for another batch of the bacon!

23-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:38pm...

You bet Travis, I have a doe tag as well and starting Friday they are on the menu at a couple of my spots. Would be interested in hearing about the recipe and procedure for the bacon. I've made lots of things with game meat but haven't tried that...maybe start a "Wildgame" thread?

I ran a big loop today, checked 12 cameras but my card reader(for phone) isn't working...will check them tonight. I had planned to hunt the wheat at my Attica spot, where Justin saw the big bunch the other night, but this wind is for real and that spot is totally exposed to the NW.

So, I circled back to the spot near Caldwell. Maybe that big sonuvagun is still around. Saw lots of tracks here this morning while setting two cameras...a couple sets were definitely buck tracks.

It was 51° when I left the house this morning, around 32° now with windchill in the teens. Hope these almost 50mph gusts don't keep them down!

23-Dec-20
Fingers crossed for you. They’ve gotta eat.

23-Dec-20
4:14pm...

Pair of bucks came out into the wheat behind me 10min ago. One is the 8pt from the other night, the second has 5 on his left with a flyer coming off the inside of his main beam...a big club/crab claw or broken off right side. Just feeding

23-Dec-20
6:28pm...

No blood

Pretty cool night though, literally ;?) Got pinned down at the end which is always a chance when hunting crops late season.

Had 12-15 deer within 50yds at one point...at least six bucks, but no big boy. Think I got some decent footage, we'll see.

23-Dec-20
Still plenty of time brutha.....you got what....like a week left of season...lol It could happen at any given moment.....stay after ‘em(as if you need the encouragement) Good luck down the stretch!

23-Dec-20
Thanks Shane, I set a timer

24-Dec-20
Cool evening for sure! Good job Kyle.

Lucky you had Sitka on or you would have been easily detected.

;-)

24-Dec-20
Thanks for the video. Always fun to watch. Hoping you get er done.

24-Dec-20
Did you have a decoy set up?

24-Dec-20
Been working on my breathing exercises, no decoy Matt...but there's a doe that stands in one spot across from me for a LONG time

I know its grainy and hard to see, but those are all bucks in front(40-50yds) at the end

24-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
This was a first for me...perty neat

24-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Three wise cats...

24-Dec-20
Very cool pictures of the bobcats.

24-Dec-20
Neat pictures of the cats. Looks like 2 adults and a juvenile judging by size?

24-Dec-20
Very cool. I have never seen a porcupine in the wild.

26-Dec-20

26-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
2:49pm...

Headed into my spot near Caldwell again for the evening, found this rub here on Wed checking cameras. Still not sure if the 10pt made it through rifle...but could be others that moved in too.

It's a S wind, but pretty light and 60°. No service in the spot I'm sitting, will post synopsis later...just didn't want anyone to think I'd given up ;?)

26-Dec-20
I’m out in it with ya. Got a rookie bowhunter with me this weekend. Got him within 40 yards of some does and 80 yards from a nice wide 8 this morning but no shot. I put him right outside their bedroom for this evenings hunt. He should see something tonight.

Thanks for sharing your hunts again this year. Love going along with you and it passes time in the stand.

Best of luck.

26-Dec-20
We knew better, but did miss you. Good luck!

26-Dec-20
Good luck Kyle and Ryan. I am hunting also. Second what Ryan said about appreciating your writes, it does help pass the time. Thanks

26-Dec-20

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
My son duck hunting seeing if needed to come in to work. Good luck might give you a chuckle

26-Dec-20
617pm...

One spike, but neighbor put cattle in where they'd been coming from.

Appreciate it guys, and good luck to you...and especially the "newbie"! Funny stuff Matt...I hunted waterfowl too this morning, in Americus, I'm whooped!

26-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Pulled a card tonight.

Here's the broken buck from Wed, he either lost more of his right side...or I'm a bad judge of character. How many deer do you see in these pics?

26-Dec-20
Looks like just one more buck behind him.

26-Dec-20
3 does to right behind

26-Dec-20
Well, if there’s a “booner behind every tree”, looks to be at least a hundred.

26-Dec-20
Good luck Kyle. I’ve been a silent watcher... some of my best hunts came in late December.

27-Dec-20
2 bucks and at least 2....possibly 3 does

27-Dec-20
2 bucks at least 3does

27-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
You guys are good! Two bucks and three doe's.

This second pic has a bunch of deer in the background, and some cattle. It was a series of 10 or so pics, and there's a buck back there that was working over a sapling for several minutes.

No significance to any of it, just cool. If I hadn't looked closely I'd have deleted the pics without a second thought.

27-Dec-20
Four. No squirrels :)

27-Dec-20
Four. No squirrels :) Missed one of them does...

27-Dec-20
The third buck, is he behind the clump of 7-8 trees this side of the does in the first picture? I enlarged the pictures on my phone when I posted about the 3 does standing together. When I opened them on my pc, could see the other one behind the trees.

27-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:07pm...

I may have mislead Randy...I only see two bucks in that first pic, probably could have worded that better. Good luck tonight bud!

I checked a few cams again on the way down today, brought my laptop so I could see what was on the cards. Got another neat video of the porcupine again, but no bucks I'd draw on.

So, I'm set up at my Attica spot, on the edge of some heavy CRP/bedding cover, and winter wheat. Tons of tracks, and same field Justin saw 16 deer on in the evening a week or so ago. This rub is fairly new, and right next to where I'll be sitting.

Wind is out of the NW and gusting above 20 but will lay down towards dark...it's in the 50's

This could be the day

27-Dec-20
5:20pm...

First deer out is a really nice 2-3yr old 9pt, 2nd is a wide 8 that I had at my decoy earlier in the season...also 2-3yrs old

27-Dec-20
6:09pm...

A third 1yr old buck joined the two, and then I heard movement behind me. There's a trail I purposely set up near thinking maybe an older buck might not be using the area all the others were.

I can hear it take a few steps and then pause, but getting closer. Finally I spot movement, it's the big 8 and he's literally 20yds to my right. Thought for sure he'd come right down the trail but he veered N. Finally popped out onto the wheat at 84yds

Luck may not be on my side much, but I have to tell you I'm just happy to have seen him again

27-Dec-20
Chess game at its best.

27-Dec-20
Glad you had some action. It’s been dead in our spots for a while now. Maybe the cooler temps will get them moving this week, but I’m not holding my breath. We have public near our best spot and it’s been ruined this year. Everything is either shot up or nocturnal, it’s been hard to stay positive.

27-Dec-20
My herds moved on their way. Happens every year. I was hoping to get a friend's kid on an old 6 point I've seen 7 or 8 times, but he only came out one evening after rifle on the wrong side of the field.

27-Dec-20
Oh man....that is almost awesome.

27-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
"Almost" could be my nickname Mike...ever seen Apocalypto?

Here are the bucks from tonight, there were a couple of doe's out there as well.

Edit: That third pic is not mine

27-Dec-20
I bet you get one here at the end. My boy has had quite a few almost as well this past week. He was wanting something 50s or bigger but now I think he’ll settle for a mature 40s or so. We’ll see what happens between now and Thursday.

27-Dec-20
I've had a heck of a season either way, don't need to kill a buck to prove anything, have enjoyed almost every minute ;?)

Went back through some pics and though the one I saw tonight is a "big 8" it's not the one I had on camera early season.

27-Dec-20
3rd picture got me excited for a minute.

28-Dec-20
Saw what looked to be some chasing activity last night from my blind. I got out one minute earlier than I should have, as I was turning to walk down the path to head home in comes a nice doe and stops 15 yards from my blind and 23 yards from me. She was behind a small cedar tree so I did not have a shot, she turned and walked directly away from me with about 2 minutes left of shooting light. A good night all in all.

28-Dec-20
2:52pm...

It startled me too Brian! Hope you get another chance Mark...betting you will!

Im heading into a different part of the farm here W of Caldwell this afternoon, maybe that big 10 changed his "bedroom"?

Wind is light and mostly E which ruled out several other spots, it's around 40°. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow and if so I won't hunt...gettin down to the wire!

28-Dec-20
Good luck Kyle. I’m back in the haybale blind hunting the edge of a plot. They’ve pretty much got it grubbed to the ground, so I’m not sure it’s much of a draw anymore. Regardless, they stage here some anyway before heading to the ag field. This is where I encountered the wide 8; have a camera up but haven’t checked it for a few weeks, I’ll pull the card on the way out.

28-Dec-20
Good luck Kyle!!

28-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:18pm...

Thanks Nick, and James I hope yours was a better hunt than mine!

Had 5 doe's cut across the terrace out front at 4:40. Then another 7 doe's and a broken 6 or 8pt after sundown...none within bow range. They didn't come to the thick patch of wheat I was set up on, instead picked over the sparse stuff on the hill.

29-Dec-20
Just going by what a CWO told me,thats why I put up signs instead.Alot of states you have to have a certain size stripe every so many feet

29-Dec-20
32-1013.?Taking wildlife without permission on land posted "by written permission only"; penalties. (a) Any landowner or person in lawful possession of any land may post such land with signs stating that hunting, trapping or fishing on such land shall be by written permission only. It is unlawful for any person to take wildlife on land which is posted as provided in this subsection, without having in the person's possession the written permission of the owner or person in lawful possession thereof.

(b)?Instead of posting land as provided in subsection (a), any landowner or person in lawful possession of any land may post such land by placing identifying purple paint marks on trees or posts around the area to be posted. Each paint mark shall be a vertical line of at least eight inches in length and the bottom of the mark shall be no less than three feet nor more than five feet high. Such paint marks shall be readily visible to any person approaching the land. Land posted as provided in this subsection shall be considered to be posted by written permission only as provided in subsection (a).

(c)?A person licensed to hunt or furharvest who is following or pursuing a wounded animal on land as provided in this section posted without written permission of the landowner or person in lawful possession thereof shall not be in violation of this section while in such pursuit, except that the provisions of this subsection shall not authorize a person to remain on such land if instructed to leave by the owner or person in lawful possession of the land. Any person who fails to leave such land when instructed is subject to the provisions of subsection (b) of K.S.A. 2012 Supp. 21-5810, and amendments thereto. Note the HUNTING FISHING OR TRAPPING,I think they can trespass to track unless you have no trespassing signs up but don't know for sure.

29-Dec-20
Thanks Randy, I've got it all posted with paint and a sign now. Sent you a PM.

29-Dec-20
I believe the sign that works says "no trespassing"!

29-Dec-20

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
Last night ended my season. I said if this fella got in front of me the last week and he’d get an arrow. I saw him run off more than one buck this year. His attitude was much bigger than his rack, and those daggers fit well inside the antlers of most bucks. I saw him the first weekend of rifle season and both his eyes were almost swelled shut. He was a fighter for sure.

29-Dec-20
I have that sign too Dave, along with the paint.

Congrats James, sounds like he needed to go, and that's a unique rack. Glad you got it done and have some more meat for the table!

29-Dec-20
Thanks Kyle, sorry to crash the party, but you and Randy have the best threads going on here and are the first two places I go when I hop on.

30-Dec-20
Thats a cool buck any front pics,I shot one this year great 150 side,if he had both.Other side was a big fork and a dagger off the base

30-Dec-20

be still's embedded Photo
be still's embedded Photo

30-Dec-20
Seen that before, thought it was just the ramblings of a disturbed person...doesn't even make sense?

30-Dec-20
I’ll post another pic on the meat pole Randy. Don’t want to do it here.

30-Dec-20
Makes perfect sense that’s Funny

30-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:09pm...

Leave it to you to understand that Frank ;?)

James I was glad to see a late season kill on here brother, congrats again!

I'm in a stand that hasn't been hunted this year, but it's near where I sat the other night on the edge of the wheat here near Attica.

It's a transition area between bedding and the wheat, I know there will be deer coming through. Two big sets of tracks in the sand as I came in, both since the rain, so I've got that going for me.

Stand is pretty exposed, won't be able to get away with much, need the wind to stay up! It's NW now and around 10-15, 42° at the truck...time for somethin to get stuck!

30-Dec-20
Shoot straight and good luck.

30-Dec-20
Good luck Kyle! The Mrs headed to a tree this evening. She’s been letting me hunt a lot since she shot a stud last year. She’s a keeper!

30-Dec-20
5:14pm...

Had a young 5pt and then a doe w/two fawns milling around in the timber to my N. They're still in there somewhere...should be coming this way soon.

The wind is all but gone, deathly quite

30-Dec-20
5:29pm...

The wide white-horned 8, the 5, and the 9 just came through at 35yds...on out to the wheat

30-Dec-20
6:07pm...

The doe and her twins came through at last shooting light. I could've sworn I saw a flash of antlers behind them. Was hoping it was the crab claw 8 I'd seen the other night but nothing appeared.

Down to one

30-Dec-20
It ain’t over til it’s over. Still got my fingers crossed for you. If anyone deserves it, it’s you.

30-Dec-20
Good luck tomorrow Kyle, it’s been a fun ride!

31-Dec-20
Good luck to everybody heading out for the last day. It'll be interesting to compare notes and see if there's increased movement because of the winter weather moving in.

31-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
6:53am...

I don't believe anything is "deserved" Brian, it's been a great journey filled with some excellent experiences though...and I've learned along the way.

I'm betting they'll be hammering food sources tonight Mike!

I really had no idea where to go this morning with a predicted light E wind? Chose my spot S of Argonia on the river even though the cameras would say otherwise.

Frozen ground was like walking on a bag of chips all the way in and a full moon lighting the journey for all to see. Don't think I blew anything out but would be hard not to.

I'm on a travel route that parallels cut beans drilled to wheat. It's a bit of a pinch point on either side of the bowl I'm in, with the river out front.

Even brought my rattling horns, inspired by Crested and TwoDogs, what the hell may as well right!

Let's take this year out on a high!

31-Dec-20
Good luck!

31-Dec-20
I’ll sit a remote food plot this afternoon. A tad over a half-mile each way unless the ground is frozen solid.

31-Dec-20
I’m in the stand this morning. Sitting in a staging/travel corridor between food and the bedding area. Two does at first light.

Potato chips is right. Goodness the ground was loud this morning walking along the bean field.

Good luck today

31-Dec-20
Take no prisoners!

31-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
9:49am...

Thanks guys and as Mike said, good luck to everyone out after'm today

I'm certainly not on the "X" here this morning. Had a couple deer go through on the sandbar out front 10-15min before shooting light but couldn't tell what they were...nothing else.

Going to go check some spots and cameras...back for a last chance this afternoon.

31-Dec-20
Just heard the forecast for tonight on the radio. I agree that the deer should be moving this evening. Should get nasty later tonight and tomorrow morning.

31-Dec-20
Good luck to everyone out there still!

31-Dec-20
I’m after them too fellas. 12:15 just hiked out from my AM sit. No deer seen. All the deer I did see this AM were along the road/Hwy during the drive in from approx. 5:30-6:00am. Appears that they were moving toward bedding before first light.

Man it was COLD this AM. Kyle...you would of had a good laugh as brought my horns to do some rattlin this am but dropped them to the ground below while digging them out of my pack. It was just one of many “comedy of errors” this am. Hope to be more careful for the PM hunt...might need’em. Got a HUD with me too!

Good Luck to everyone still at it!

31-Dec-20
Wow I have been so far behind this entire season. I think this is the first time I have been on Bowsite in 4 months. After spending all of Oct. and Nov. moving 4 households it has left no time for hunting. Even when I thought about hunting there were so many things I needed to be doing it was hard to consider. I'm glad to see many have taken great deer this year and glad to see many are still at it working hard to enjoy the great resource we have. I will hope that next year is a much better year with many more opportunities to hunt. The plus side for me is next year I will be able to walk out my front door and to some of my stands or blind with out having to start a truck. Be safe everyone and Happy New Year.

31-Dec-20
Evening seems better than morning right now. They were bedded before shooting light yesterday morning. Yesterday evening we had 7 young bucks walk by about 4:45 but not the old 6 pt we're after. Must be the moon phase?

31-Dec-20
Good luck brother! They should be strapping on the feed bag this evening!

31-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
3:11pm...

I landed on my new spot N of Harper for the last "stand". I'm actually on the ground again, wheat out front and bedding behind on all sides.

The entrance the farmer takes into this field with equipment is just to my N and there are bunches of fresh tracks coming through there.

This is the spot where that "Arborist" buck lives, and I know he made it through rifle...hopefully some others have joined him here.

Wind is NNE but pretty light, it's around 40° and dropping.

The final countdown...

31-Dec-20
Good Luck man!!

31-Dec-20
Thanks all!

Forgot to mention that I've got Justin and Easton at the farm I hunted last night. Justin still has his buck tag and Easton's after a doe.

Hopefully they follow the same trail they were on last night!

31-Dec-20
Enjoyed the tale, still time.

31-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
5:03pm...

"No buck for you!" Buck Nazi 12/31/20

Just wasn't in the cards today, I never saw a deer? Still had the same anticipation I did day one...was a helluva ride!

P.S. That nock is still glowing

31-Dec-20
Thanks for the ride Kyle. Looking forward to next year’s already!

31-Dec-20
Thanks for allowing us to follow your season Kyle. I really hoped you would get your chance. I know you love the hunt itself and don’t need a kill to have a successful season. That’s what I admire about you. Fair chase all the way.

31-Dec-20

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
You had a good run Kyle. The big 6 evaded us yet again tonight and came out in a different spot. Looking forward to some fowl and predator hunting.

31-Dec-20
Thanks guys, no idea where that pic came from...but I kinda like it so I'm leavin it!

Here's the glowing nock..

and yea, I hope it makes it through the new year!

31-Dec-20

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

31-Dec-20
Dang it...I was sure hoping that nock would go through a big one. Really enjoyed following along and it’s good to see someone out there doing what you do. Thanks again for being unselfish and taking your time out for us to enjoy too.

01-Jan-21
......and then there were none!

But you got your money’s worth outta that tag just like every year! Happy New Year.....get after them geese!

01-Jan-21
I had an interesting last hunt. I had not shot a compound in over 30 years and decided to get one after my bout with covid. After practice I was shooting it pretty well. Fast forward to yesterday evening. I still have an anterless tag and a doe presents a 15 yard shot. My arrow sailed Two feet over her back. Wondering how I could miss so far I shot a practice arrow. It was also high. My sight fell off when shot. My sight had come loose somehow since last shot. I got down and called it a year.

01-Jan-21
Sorry Lee, the old stick and string is more fool proof. Happy NY to us all.

01-Jan-21
“No buck for you”!........ What did the tag soup nazi have to say? ;-)

Bummer you weren’t able to put your tag on Deep 6 or another buck, this year, but I’d say you definitely got your money’s worth and then some, Kyle! Thanks for taking us along on the ride!

02-Jan-21
Thanks for the great time this year. This really helped not being able to hunt myself.

02-Jan-21
Always enjoy following along Kyle!

04-Jan-21
Another great season Kyle. Thanks for taking us along. Happy New Year!

06-Jan-21
I always enjoy it as well, thank you.

07-Jan-21
Great year Kyle, always love to follow along. I just wish you would kill something every year!! Shawn

07-Jan-21
Sito, Thanks for all the posts this year! Enjoyed following along.

10-Jan-21

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Thanks fellas! Still going, just switched over to waterfowl the last ten days... and starting my new website "Off X" ;?)

I got the jawbone from Easton's buck and was doing some research, I'll start another thread on that.

11-Jan-21
Sure miss the waterfowl hunting. Absolutely love watching a flock of big old Canadians drop the landing gear and pitch into a strong wind. It can seem like they hang there forever. Nothing better than getting them in tight and pulling up on them as they are back peddling. As long as it seems to take them to drop in, they can sure turn with the wind and pull out faster than most would think. Killed a lot of them big birds back in the day...

• Sitka Gear