be still 15-Jan-21
NCK 16-Jan-21
NCK 16-Jan-21
sitO 16-Jan-21
NCK 17-Jan-21
sitO 17-Jan-21
KSkickthemup 18-Jan-21
19-Dec-20
My brother is looking for a couple of Brittany pups. I've gotten a few suggestions from some here...thanks!...looking for more if anyone knows of a litter?

19-Dec-20
I will see where he got it at. My brother got a puppy off of Nextech last winter/spring. It's got papers. WOW, look like no Brit I have ever seen. I think it looks like a little gremlin. The most wired/energetic dog I have ever seen. Makes my dads Springer look like its going in slow motion. But man she listens well, hunts good, stays close. If your after eye appeal, this breeder isn't for you. Unless he just got a odd one out if the litter. Will let you know who it came from

19-Dec-20
Thanks Rusty, more important that they have instinct and good family dogs

19-Dec-20

KsRancher's embedded Photo
KsRancher's embedded Photo
This was where he got his. But I wouldn't recommend it as a family dog. WAY to energetic and rambunctious

19-Dec-20

KSJHawk's embedded Photo
KSJHawk's embedded Photo
I have a 1.5 year old female from Table Mountain Kennels in Torrington, WY. Not sure if they have any pups now, but I would highly recommend them.

My female comes from Beans Blaze and there is quite a bit of that line in his dogs. I don’t field trial, but she would make a great trial dog. She is amazingly fast, great nose but will not retrieve or hunt dead. We will work on this more over the summer.

She was a nut in the house for her first 9 months, but at just over a year she really calmed down inside. She is a great inside dog. She is not as clingy as my previous Britt and she is very content laying down by herself.

We spoke to a ton of breeders and settled on Table Mountain based on our conversations with Alan as well as all the recommendations we received. If you want to call him, here is his info. Alan Davis - 307-788-0136.

19-Dec-20
Thanks guys, I'll pass the info

19-Dec-20

NCK's embedded Photo
NCK's embedded Photo
Got one from here in April. Owned a lot of dogs in my life this is going to be one of my better ones. Great in the home and field. He is 10 months old and locks tight but lacks on retrieving. Where going to work on that. They don't always list their litters so he should call.

http://www.truaxbrittanys.com/About-Us

19-Dec-20
Interesting in the other responses about not retrieving. My brothers dog wont either. She just runs up and puts her paws on it till you get there. Will the retrieving come with age?

19-Dec-20
Thanks bud!

19-Dec-20
All my other Brits would retrieve to hand. I am going to force train him to do it this summer. For me at his age its all fun and getting him on as many wild birds as possible. He got to hunt 4 states and 6 bird types this year....Sharps, Huns, Pheasant, Grouse, Woodcock, and quail. He will come around in time.

19-Dec-20
Guy up here has a litter on the ground. French Brittanys. He’s a super-serious pheasant and quail guy and has great dogs.

19-Dec-20
Unusual in the fetching. Ones I grew up with had it naturally...land, water, made no difference.

19-Dec-20
Unusual in the fetching. Ones I grew up with had it naturally...land, water, made no difference.

19-Dec-20
He should probably get them off the ground....

19-Dec-20
I’ve been a shorthair guy for the last 20 years but I’ll keep my eyes and ears peeled down here around Tulsa... dad used to have a couple of dandy britts. NCK, that pic reminds me of the best one he had.

19-Dec-20
We grew up with Brittany's, but my uncle had GSP's and English pointers as did my Grandfather. I had an English while my brother and dad had Brittany's...I like them all but he's hooked on the orange & white cause they don't make them in purple ;?)

20-Dec-20
Kyle. I'm picking up a pup on the 24th. This from Lee and Susan Wallate I am getting the last female. They might have a male left. They're east of Topeka. pH 7852317253,. I needed a new pup as my Brittany went blind just before her 8th birthday. KState diagnosed her with a fast acting problem called SARDS.

20-Dec-20
Thanks Lee, he really wants a couple of litter mates but I sent him a link to this thread so he may contact them too.

Really appreciate all the suggestions guys!

20-Dec-20
"English Pointers"...................English was taken off the front many many years ago by the AKC....I hunted with a game warden from Indiana this year in Montana who had a Pointer......Absolute pleasure to watch that dog!!!!!!!!!!!! Did everything great so fun to watch. I might just get one........

20-Dec-20
Picked my new female out tonight.but man almost got two. There wasa big girl in the litter and i love big Britts

20-Dec-20
Im old Tom, and very proper

20-Dec-20

writer's Link

20-Dec-20

writer's Link

21-Dec-20

NCK's Link
"American Kennel Club" not the subpar "United Kennel Club"

Stay on topic Writer:^)

22-Dec-20
I have had several different breeds (Brittany, English Setter, Vizla, Irish Setter English Setter crossbreed ,German Shorthair). There is just something about the disposition of the Brittany that draws me to them. I will say that if I had to rate my dogs my three best ones would be German Shorthair, my current Brittany, and a English Pointer from years ago.

15-Jan-21

be still's embedded Photo
Ella seen her first snow the other day. You could that tell when she looked out the window that morning she was like...what the heck is this stuff. Didn’t take long and she was really enjoying it. Utah would make snow balls and throw them....she would leap up and explode them trying to catch it.

16-Jan-21

16-Jan-21

NCK's embedded Photo
10 Months
NCK's embedded Photo
10 Months
NCK's embedded Photo
7 weeks
NCK's embedded Photo
7 weeks
Was able to make it up to Minnesota for a December ruffed Grouse hunt. The pup was on fire pinned down a good number of them. The shooting was subpar.

Kyle did your brother get a dog?

16-Jan-21
I like those pics! Yessir, ordered a pair. I'm looking for a pointing lab if anyone knows of a litter.

17-Jan-21
Great pictures guys! Love it.

17-Jan-21

NCK's Link
This name has always comes up for Pointing Labs in talking circles. I know nothing about them. Since they do not list puppy price and I see that you can get financing......I am a little Scart:^) I assume you want a bird dog that points and duck dog?

17-Jan-21
Thanks for the link, I've been looking and folks are awfully proud of these dogs ;?)

I do want a dog that will point, or work close and flush, but retrieving will be job #1. That is if next season is a different situation...it's been the worst waterfowl season of my life, but it ain't over yet.

18-Jan-21

KSkickthemup's embedded Photo
KSkickthemup's embedded Photo
Sito, Please PM me as we are having pups in the spring with our Josie Belle. I can give you details on the parents.

Rich

• Sitka Gear