Ironbow-cell 31-Dec-20
Trebarker 31-Dec-20
writer 31-Dec-20
Slate 01-Jan-21
Catscratch 01-Jan-21
Ironbow 01-Jan-21
writer 01-Jan-21
31-Dec-20
I killed my first deer in 1978 on December 31 in a blizzard. I have killed 8 more deer on the 31st including my biggest buck. Shot deer 4 years in a row on the 31st. I have been taking my oldest daughter and tonight is it for her. She has had 3 encounters with good bucks but no shot yet. Hoping she follows in my footsteps!

31-Dec-20
Good luck to her and to you

31-Dec-20
That's a success record that can't be denied. The ultimate hunt, is where you bust your britches then take a great animal in the final minutes.

31-Dec-20
Good luck!

01-Jan-21
Well ?

01-Jan-21
I hope you got one last night. I've shot several on the last day... wife loves it when her New Year eve plans get delayed so that I can clean a deer. :)

01-Jan-21
We got completely skunked. I was shocked. Not the norm for me. I usually can figure it out enough to at least see something.

Guess my daughter won't follow in my footsteps. We were both disappointed in the outcome, but talking on the way home we got to hunt a lot together and see some good bucks, and she saw a bobcat up close. Twice she drew on good bucks but never got the shot. Next year!

01-Jan-21
Came within a coin toss on a really nice 8, that was with 6 does. I should have set up as originally planned. probably a 15 yard shot.

• Sitka Gear