Zim 19-Apr-21
jstephens61 21-May-21
jstephens61 17-Jun-21
jstephens61 22-Jun-21
Highlife 22-Jun-21
deerhunter72 30-Jun-21
Zim 07-Jul-21
31-Dec-20
Happy New Year to everyone. Hope you all have a safe and happy new year.

Anyone planning any hunts for the new year. Got my North Zone 2nd season turkey tag, so that’s a start.

31-Dec-20
A happy and safe new year to you. Fall bear hunt in Canada ( if the border opens) due to covid I ate my deer tags this year. But I'll be deer hunting in Wisconsin and Georgia with my nephew. As well as Tennessee and Wisconsin plus here for bow. Not to be greedy but somehow fit one or two hog hunts in. Have to make up for this year.

02-Jan-21
Looks like the plans for spring bear in Wyoming are moving forward. I’ll be putting in for a antelope and elk tag in Wyoming. Should be able to draw the antelope, elk is a Hail Mary. New Mexico and Colorado elk applications as usual.

Like to do a hog hunt, maybe in Tennessee sometime this year. Might try to put together a fall bear hunt in Minnesota or Virginia. If everything falls into place, it’s going to be a busy/fun year.

02-Jan-21
Sounds like it.

02-Jan-21
Nebraska, Colorado and Illinois turkey (long shot Florida) Idaho and Colorado Elk (applications in Wyoming and Arizona) Colorado muley (applications in Wyoming and Arizona) Illinois whitetail (maybe Nebraska as well) Colorado antelope (application in Wyoming) New Mexico long shot application for ibex May pick up a few other points or swing for the fence...

03-Jan-21
Happy New Year back atcha!

Got a deer in a cooler aging right now. Hoping to score an LE Elk tag for Montana. Whitetail here in IL and WI. Looks like point creep will keep me out of Wyoming til next year.

Hope you guys score the tags you want and put them to good use. Short bloodtrails.

03-Jan-21
We all need a great year. Personally I think we're due lol

03-Jan-21
Happy New Year to all! Let’s hope for better things in 2021.

17-Jan-21
Got the Wyoming apps done and fingers crossed.

Buddy called the other night. Seems he’s got a hog problem on his property. Headed to Texas in March to help him with that issue.

17-Jan-21
Jim I'm already jealous lol remember to get pictures posted of your adventure.

26-Jan-21
Hopefully South Africa this July as it was cancelled last July due to COVID. Then off to Wyoming for antelope in August. That will be followed by Greenland in September for musk ox and caribou, COVID pending. Finally finishing off the year for whitetails here in Illinois. Good luck all.

27-Feb-21
Texas in 10 days!

01-Mar-21
Pulled a turkey tag at Rend Lake my preferred 3rd season. Will take portable boat and do a combo crappie fishing trip. Also got one tag in IN & two in WI. As for out west, expect to draw either New Mexico or Wyoming archery elk. Doing the outfitter pool for a drop camp, and if not 6 points should be enough for our WY unit. Arizona draw should post today but not expecting anything. Maine moose submitted with max NR points. Utah app submitted. Applied for 3 special IL bow hunts. Colorado, Nevada & Iowa down the road a bit.

02-Mar-21
Zim - sounds like you'll need a bigger freezer. Good luck!

16-Mar-21
Hog hunt was a bust. Neighbors started running dogs on their property and hogs left the area. Looking for a new spot for a possible May hunt.

16-Mar-21

19-Apr-21
Haha nice start to my season too. Had a fender bender on I-94 on route to Rend Lake. Would have left a 1/4" ding in our old 71 Malibu bumper back in the day. But with today's plastic cars the whole dam front exploded. So first hunt is out. But scouted my Indiana property yesterday and found the mother of all dust bowls, with a big tom hangin out there. So will try for a no show spot Thurs or Fri.

21-May-21
Looks like the Hail Mary came through. Headed to Wyoming with a general tag. Probably gonna wait until next year to put in for antelope now.

17-Jun-21
Didn’t wait for a antelope tag. Drew my antelope tag! Should be a busy season.

22-Jun-21

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo
Hog down this morning.

22-Jun-21
Nice hog Jim.

30-Jun-21
Great hog! Congrats

Zim, did you get a tom at Rend? I live in Sesser, "The Gateway to Rend Lake" ;)

07-Jul-21
Haha nope I never made it there because I had a fender bender on the drive down. First accident in 38 years. Frustrating because it was the second straight year I was unable to hunt Rend. And I've been very curious about that property because it has good harvest stats and has always looked good to me on aerial images. It actually was a good year to happen because in normal years I can get all my travel expenses covered by my work. But not this spring due to Covid furlough job. We were going to do some crappie fishing too. But maybe next year. Will probably apply there again.

• Sitka Gear