be still 01-Jan-21
Trebarker 01-Jan-21
Catscratch 01-Jan-21
be still 01-Jan-21
sitO 01-Jan-21
sitO 01-Jan-21
be still 01-Jan-21
01-Jan-21
Well I find myself once again here in Kansas on New Years Day about to make the drive back home. This trip though was all about my son...he has yet to take one with his bow. I had many emotions last night as I pulled up in the dark to wait for him to make that long walk back. Got scared cause this time I didn’t see his light in time so I started walking his way which turned into running....so relieved to see at the end his light come bobbing up the hill. Maybe he stayed late in the tree reflecting some memories. But since he gave up his whole 2 week Christmas break from school to be up here I felt the need to give him a pep talk on the way back. Told him how proud I was of him for holding out for a mature deer and how a lot of grown men wouldn’t have lasted that many consecutive days in the cold. But I could tell this time he didn’t need that talk. His stride was long and with purpose...not the slumped shoulders dragging feet of being defeated. His responses was cheerful and upbeat. Later at my spot where he was helping me field dress and drag my doe out all in a good mood...I realized. Gosh dang it....my boy has turned into a man. Thank you Kansas for all that you do for us and the memories we get to share and keep.

01-Jan-21
Happy New Year to you and your family. Have safe travels going home, bad weather day for that

01-Jan-21
Congrats to you and the boy. Success isn't always defined by a kill. Sounds like you two had a good trip!

01-Jan-21
I didn’t realize Southern Kansas had snow and ice until Jason and Randy here texted me. It’s dry up here. Does anybody know if the interstate is safe to drive now?

01-Jan-21
Raisin'm right, safe travels!

01-Jan-21

sitO's Link
Here's a link for Kansas road conditions

01-Jan-21
Thanks Kyle...by what you sent me it doesn’t look good. It says I-35 between Wichita and State line is covered with snow but has been treated. We wanted to get home to that good home cook meal she said would be waiting for us this evening.

• Sitka Gear