03-Jan-21

Cracken74's embedded Photo
Cracken74's embedded Photo

03-Jan-21
...more like YUM!

03-Jan-21
What is this?

03-Jan-21
Front cover of Writer's cook book. Great recipe's and most have a short story behind them. I even have an autographed copy! Cheaper that way, he said.

03-Jan-21
Received the book for Christmas! It looks to be a like a new go too for some new recipes. Thanks Writer for promoting the other( I think the best side of hunting). Eating !!!

03-Jan-21
I agree on the food promotion. Too many weekend warriors throwing out their waterfowl or letting their venison get freezer burned because they don't know how to cook.

03-Jan-21
There is nothing better than sharing your game with non-hunting friends. It gives them a glimpse of what we do and you gotta admit, organic protein is a trendy thing. I did 4 lbs of elk taco meat from my little OTC bull and it went over very well at a Chiefs watch party today. You can win a lot of people over by educating them on hunting while enjoying the fruits of our labor.

04-Jan-21
Nice book Writer-

kscowboy those little OTC bulls are the best eating! Our family has been enjoying my 14 year old daughter's OTC bull and we were "weekend warriors". Good eating. (took us 50 minutes to do the gutless method on :) )

Leave it to Thornton to cast a negative shadow on everything. He does everything the best. My dream is to one day be like Thornton and not be a weekend warrior.

04-Jan-21
I don’t cook but my wife sure does. She is making Elk Chili tonight. I kill it she cooks it.

I also enjoy sharing my animals with other hunters and non hunters alike.

04-Jan-21
Thanks. Cracken, let me know if you need any more ideas.

05-Jan-21
I need to get this at some point... and I need to get my wife to write one. She uses deer and elk in a lot of her native dishes that are amazing.

06-Jan-21
Mike...with 2nd segment duck season opening soon which one of the 2 duck recipes have you gotten better feedback on....Grilled Duck w/Peach Salsa or Peace Creek Duck?

Any of the goose recipes just as good if substituted w/ duck instead?

07-Jan-21
Peace Creek Duck, is the easiest and possibly most successful in the book.

Much easier to substitute duck for goose than the other way around.

08-Jan-21
Snow Goose, IMO, is better than any duck meat. It can be used in any duck recipe just fine. Canadas , not so much.

08-Jan-21
I love snow geese. I don't even try to shoot big Canadas anymore. If I can get under one of those long lines of low flying mixed geese headed to feed, I use my old 10 gauge to pick out the specs, cacklers, and snows.

• Sitka Gear