Clerko 05-Jan-21
Clerko 05-Jan-21
Nock 05-Jan-21
Clerko 05-Jan-21
Glunt@work 05-Jan-21
Jaquomo 06-Jan-21
Jaquomo 06-Jan-21
05-Jan-21
Does anybody know what the deal is with the new type-G licenses being proposed at the January commission meeting?

• (Step 1 of 1) Creating a new season type “G” for guaranteed licenses due to natural disaster relief, adding “G” hunt codes and their quotas to denote guaranteed licenses corresponding to applicable sheep, goat and moose hunt codes, and adding regulations to indicate that returned guaranteed licenses will be manually reissued to applicants from the previous years’ limited license drawing of the original hunt code (statewide) (pp. 34, 39-4

05-Jan-21
They updated the information on the site, basically if there's a fire, etc. they will guarantee you a license the following year.

05-Jan-21
Any discussion on reducing current year draw tags based on number of G tags from the previous season?

05-Jan-21
Yes, they proposed quotas are in the packet. They are reducing the general quota by the amount of the Guaranteed tags in the areas affected by the fires from what I can discern.

05-Jan-21
Interesting. I would have assumed that low harvest in 2020 would have meant more surplus animals for 2021 and not a 1:1 ratio of reduced tags.

06-Jan-21
Clerko, can you attach a link? I looked at the agenda for the January Commission meeting and can't find this. Thanks!

06-Jan-21
Never mind - I found it. Thanks for the heads up!

• Sitka Gear