KSNimrod 08-Jan-21
crestedbutte 13-Jan-21
One Arrow 13-Jan-21
Thornton 14-Jan-21
Catscratch 14-Jan-21
Trebarker 14-Jan-21
07-Jan-21

One Arrow's Link
Read the rules and I want to make sure I understand correctly. Yes I know, call Pratt.

I would only be hunting/trapping on my own land. My son, under the age of 13, would potentially going with me and hunting/participating.

Do either of us need a hunting license or fur harvest license? The way I’m reading it we would not if we stayed on our own land.

07-Jan-21

One Arrow's Link
Sorry, link didn’t post first time

08-Jan-21
Ray...I understand it the same way you do. If you are the landowner hunting/trapping on your own land then you and your son are exempt from having to have both a furharvester license or hunting license. Per the reg’s, same goes for Deer, Turkey or anything else....if you are landowner and hunting your own land you are exempt from hunting license....but applicable permits/tags/stamps, etc. are still req’d.

08-Jan-21
You dont need it to trap but you must have it to sell the skins At least that is the way I understand.

08-Jan-21
Question would be can you sell hides without one

08-Jan-21

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
Original post mentioned hunting/trapping only. However, good to clarify legal aspects when “selling” furbearers and/or their pelts.

Yes....any and all individuals (whether exempt or non-exempt) must have furharvester license when “selling” furbearers and/or their pelts. See red circled portion of the regs pic. included.

08-Jan-21
So basically it promotes wasting fur.

08-Jan-21
That’s a leap Jason... any fur bearing animals could be mounted or tanned for personal use.

08-Jan-21
I would be curious what percentage of killed furbeare are sold vs wasted now days. I used to process and sell everything I caught; coons, opposums, and even skunks. Not sure some of these species can be sold now. I've never sold a raw deer hide. Wasted quite a few of those!

08-Jan-21
The price for fur promotes wasting fur. Asking a small fee for the regulation/oversight of fur doesn't. And if the fur market ever became what it used to be the upside of some oversight would be more appreciated. Just my opinion.

13-Jan-21

crestedbutte's Link
Ray...if you need any spring traps for your trapping...check out this Feb. 12th auction (per link provided). Go 2/3 of the way down on that pic's page. See the rows and rows of traps hanging in that shed?

13-Jan-21
Wow, yep saw them. I’d be broke if I went to that auction.

I’m an 8th generation “junker”.

14-Jan-21
Looks like there's an original Civil War era Spencer carbine in that pile.

14-Jan-21
That place looks like a dream to shift through. I probably couldn't stomach the auction. Guns like that bring money out of the woodwork. I've been to auctions that even log chains went for more than new price.

14-Jan-21
Man I could spend days looking thru that estate! Bunch of history there, would like to know the man's story

• Sitka Gear