Ok...Russ 08-Feb-21
Ok...Russ 25-Feb-21
EmbryOklahoma 25-Feb-21
Ok...Russ 26-Feb-21
Lost Arra 27-Feb-21
Ok...Russ 01-Mar-21
Quailhunter 02-Mar-21
15-Jan-21
All, when do the deer generally start dropping their antlers here in OK? Our property is in Okfuskee County. I'm itching to get back out now that all the leaves have dropped and I can actually see through all of the oak trees.

16-Jan-21
I'm still seeing most of mine with horns on cam have a couple that just started dropping. I'd wait another week or two should be mostly dropped by Feb 1st.

17-Jan-21
Saw a nice buck in sc Kansas this morning. Sporting both sides.

19-Jan-21
I've done best in mid March. Some earlier but I have seen antlered (both sides) when shed hunting in March.

20-Jan-21
Out of all the bucks I’ve been seeing on camera lately, one buck has dropped one side. In my opinion most bucks drop their antlers between now and 1st of March. I usually start hunting for sheds end of Feb/first of March.

21-Jan-21
On my place in Pittsburg county, I routinely see the majority of bucks carrying through February. I don't hit the thick stuff hard and heavy until mid-march.

22-Jan-21
Thanks all! Just anxious and want to beat the squirrels to them this year.

08-Feb-21
Okfuskee County: Pulled a camera card this weekend and saw 1 dink that had lost one side. Surprisingly I have many pics of decent sized bucks sparring. Maybe just playing but quite a few and they're 8pt deer and young. All of the other bucks especially the larger ones are still freshening up scrapes with full headgear. Damn, this could get contagious! :)

25-Feb-21
Going on 3 weeks and I just have to get out and go look on Sunday! Plan to take laptop and view SD cards before determining how hard I want to hunt. If 2 of the bucks on my camera are still showing but without head gear, I may hunt all day!!

25-Feb-21
Russ... we had bucks on our cell cam that have shed both sides and another that had shed one side. I'll be off for a few weeks, starting this Saturday. Likely gonna hit it hard the first couple weekends in march.

26-Feb-21

Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
Thanks Rick - makes me lose even more focus at work today! I don't have any cell cams but may be investing in one. Knowing there are several good sized deer on the cams just a couple weeks back has me thinking they're sticking around somewhat(based on 600 pics from 1 camera for 1 week). Only found this one last year and the buck was on cameras this year so he survived rifle season and the highway. Of course I'm long-arming it for effect!

27-Feb-21
Russ: that's called Bassmastering.

01-Mar-21

Would've been a nice buck in 2 years
Would've been a nice buck in 2 years
Gonna have to look up "Bassmastering". Didn't find what I had hoped to on Sunday but my cams still show several big bucks with headgear intact on 2/25. Cards didn't show any movement the 26th/27th so maybe they're in some 'shed sanctuary'? Knew it was a daunting challenge to find a shed on a few hundred acres but going back next weekend to search some more. Does help me understand the land better because once the leaves get back on all the oak trees I won't be able to navigate these same paths. Morel mushrooms will be coming on possibly later this month too(more reasons to get out and hunt) then spring turkey! I think I may make it. :)

02-Mar-21
I saw a bunch of bucks this evening all sporting both sides and bunched up in big herds.

• Sitka Gear