crestedbutte 23-Jan-21
Thornton 23-Jan-21
crestedbutte 23-Jan-21
TreeHugger 23-Jan-21
Thornton 23-Jan-21
Kansan 23-Jan-21
22-Jan-21

Quailhunter's Link
Don't come down here and ruin our new opportunities.... I hope they don't offer non resident tags.

22-Jan-21
Hope the outfitters don't try to trap and transfer them into our state to establish a hunting season here too! :)

22-Jan-21
What kind of hair brained, Left winged, moron lawmaker introduces something like this? Next thing you'll have are hippie, gamer type, 30 year old-lives in mom's basement "bigfoot hunters" traipsing around your deer lease with their zombie green painted AR-15 looking for a bigfoot that doesn't exist. Most of these sightings are black bears standing on their back legs trying to figure out what's bothering them.

22-Jan-21
Kill them and take them to Jason to skin.

22-Jan-21
Now there’s a state representative earning his salary, or (wasting your tax dollars).

23-Jan-21
If you can’t skin & quarter a Sasquatch “gutless method” in less than 20 you don’t know Jack Link.

23-Jan-21
They take Bigfoot pretty serious in SE Oklahoma.

23-Jan-21
Yippppeee.....I was always worried I’d get in trouble for killing one. Now, when I go home I have something else other than snipe to hunt!

23-Jan-21

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
Crestedbutte- even after I showed him a picture of a snipe I shot with some shoveler ducks, a classmate in high school refused to believe they existed. He had been duped into hunting the fake snipe at night apparently

23-Jan-21
Yep, years ago I tried to explain to my kinfolk that there is a real “snipe” out there. Didn’t matter to them as they can still convince the unknowing young’ins (who have never been before) to grab a trash bag and stick and go out on a night snipe hunt. My uncles get a big kick-out of doing it when they can. Kind of a rite-of-passage thing I guess?

23-Jan-21
"They take Bigfoot pretty serious in SE Oklahoma." This is true, lol, some people do take it very seriously. I was staying down at Broken Bow Lake a few years ago and we were buying something or other in one of the shops. My wife kind of laughed about a Bigfoot T-Shirt they had and the lady behind the counter says, "That's the real deal around here".

I remember back in the 90's, I took my boat and a couple of people to McGee Creek Reservoir for a 3-day fishing trip after work. We arrived pretty late at night and pitched a tent. As we were setting it up we hear this deafening, high pitched scream that sounded like it was about 2" from my ear. I looked around and didn't see anything and just figured it was a bobcat or something, but I've never heard anything like it before or since and I've been hunting and fishing for almost 60 years.

I do have one more story from Kansas that I have never figured out. In 2012, I was up bow hunting at my parents farm. I had hunted that day and eaten dinner with my mother. Afterwards she said that she had a couple of cats go missing and the only one left was not sleeping in the garage anymore and she was worried about it. The temperature was down in the teens that night, so I got my mini-mag light and walked around the old house nearby and then walked down by the hay barn. There is a calf pen on the way and I shined my light in that direction. I stopped when I saw two big eyes shining back at me that were twice as high as the 5' pipe fence. Then I noticed another set of eyes on the ground at the corner of the barn. I stood there for a minute trying to figure out what the heck that was. I started walking toward it and the bigger eyes went in a straight line to the eyes on the ground at about a 45° angle and they both went down the hill on the other side of the barn. There were no trees or anything on the other side where the big eyes were.

What the heck did I see?

23-Jan-21
There's a YouTube channel that goes by 'The Facts, Howtohunt.com' . The narrator is a full time outfitter in British Columbia that tells stories about his hunts. In the off season, he has a sasquatch chapter where he tells of unexplainable sign he's found and reads stories other people send him of their encounters. There are some pretty believable stories out there, and his take place many miles from civilization. He once showed a video of a young popular grove he found deep in the woods where all the young trees were snapped off about 7 feet up very neatly. If I remember right, they were piled up in bundles. The next story, he was scouting a new area and began to feel very uneasy, and after hearing odd noises, jumped on his ATV and left down the same trail he came in on. In the trail was a tree ripped up by the roots and placed exactly where he had driven over on the way in. The most memorable though, was the rich guy he guided that couldn't seem to put elk and moose down with his magnum rifle. After the guy went berserk a few days later in camp, they discovered he had loaded his shells half with crystal meth to get it into Canada.

23-Jan-21
I don’t believe that Bigfoot is real. If “he” is, he’s not in Oklahoma.

• Sitka Gear