sjj 13-Apr-21
sjj 13-Apr-21
SaddleReaper 15-Apr-21
sjj 16-Apr-21
SaddleReaper 16-Apr-21
23-Jan-21

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
It’s a bit early but I’ve hit a few spots and found a shed last week and a matched set yesterday.

23-Jan-21

23-Jan-21

24-Jan-21
No!.....too early too much snow!

nice

25-Jan-21
still getting pictures of bucks with racks, now another 6 inches of snow, waiting till March to look.

26-Jan-21

CatSlamfromNY's embedded Photo
My brother bought a house in Dutchess recently. 3G unit. I went there Last Monday and saw this buck rub. My dad went Thursday and found a fresh shed at the rub.

24-Mar-21

sjj's embedded Photo
sjj's embedded Photo

27-Mar-21

T Mac's embedded Photo
T Mac's embedded Photo
My son found his first shed last week he was pumped!

28-Mar-21
great sheds all!

29-Mar-21
I found none in NY, but I got a pile in OH.

01-Apr-21

sjj's embedded Photo
sjj's embedded Photo
1 mile and 1 year later matched up

01-Apr-21

sjj's embedded Photo
sjj's embedded Photo
these antlers were one mile apart and the second was found one year later. No chews

01-Apr-21

sjj's embedded Photo
sjj's embedded Photo
April fools day in NY

13-Apr-21

sjj's embedded Photo
sjj's embedded Photo
4/12

13-Apr-21

sjj's embedded Photo
sjj's embedded Photo
Match

15-Apr-21
Nice work!

I'm already starting to experience withdrawal due to green-up. I have a few more walks planned and will probably call it quits next week. Its been a fun shed season though!

16-Apr-21
I'm sure you got some beauties Hans.....tuff round here. Bucks really get shot up. My friend and I hit it hard and we are at about 15 sheds apiece. Very few dead deer this spring - almost 100% fawns save a couple nice bucks lost to hunters. Couple magnums we knew were around disappeared. I know exactly what you mean about Green-up. raining today so going after work

16-Apr-21
That's pretty good! I'm not sure how numbers are in your area but where I'm at in wny there's no shortage of bucks. Hopefully those magnums show up this fall!

Yeah I did well again this year. Fortunately I have some great access here and in other states which I road trip to annually. Some of my best sheds this season came from public land though. I didn't find many dead deer either here in NY. Only one really good (4.5yr old I think) buck in one of my spots was found dead. The rest were mostly fawns, and interestingly I was able to identify cause of death with one based on some interesting info Skipmaster1 (Greg) shared about evaluating the condition of marrow which can indicate starvation. Seems we had just enough prolonged crusty snow in February that it definitely stressed them for a few weeks. First "real" winter in years it feels like!

• Sitka Gear