Jims 19-May-21
Deertick 20-May-21
Jims 24-Jun-21
bad bob 07-Aug-21
MRmich 07-Feb-22
25-Jan-21

MRmich's embedded Photo
MRmich's embedded Photo
Hope to draw Unit 16 Wyoming elk and could use some help. Hunted antelope and deer in this area but mostly on private land in the lower elevations. Are the HMA worth putting in for? Is it crowded? I have On-x maps to avoid private. Any pointers would be appreciated. PM me if you prefer not to share it with the world. Thanks ahead of time. MR

21-Mar-21
Jc...early or late?

26-Mar-21
The Q Ranch owns most of the private land in 16....which is a big chunk of the unit. Be prepared to watch elk on the wrong side of fences (the Q Ranch)! It gets pretty frustrating. There are roads all over the public land on Shirley Mtn. Guess where the elk go?

05-Apr-21
Is it fair to say that earlier in the season is the best time to find elk on public, like on the mountain? Are elk ever really using the Hanna HMA later in the season?

19-May-21
It's cows only on the Hanna.

20-May-21
Right ... just wondering if they use that area much and if so, which part of the season is best for it

24-Jun-21
I'm sure a bunch of elk head that way after the first deep snow. Some years they may arrive sooner than others. There isn't a whole lot of pressure on the Q and the elk usually know where it's safe! There are a gob of rifle cow elk tags and some of the cow rifle seasons start in September.

07-Aug-21
hunted the Q 4 years ago....tons of elk, tons of wide open land, basically no roads....the elk are wild as hell, i think because they are pushed out of the forest into no cover and use distance as cover...i saw tons of elk 3 to 4 miles away but you had to walk...perfect for a guy thats in good shape...im not in good shape, thats why i laid down $7000 and 11 points to hunt private land...blew a quartering away shot in the wind at 350 yds at a 350 bull, i can make that shot 9 times outa 10..came home with a 270 after guide assured me he was a good bull...i studied for 11 years who to go with...if i had a do over i would go with elk mountain outfitters in unit 7

07-Feb-22

MRmich's embedded Photo
2021 unit 53 antelope
MRmich's embedded Photo
2021 unit 53 antelope
Didn’t draw last year, hope to this year type 1- 14.5 points Did some scouting after a antelope hunt and it helped to picture the area. Always look forward to hunting Wyoming

• Sitka Gear