Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Sharing or those who didn't see it from the Whitetail forum...

26-Jan-21
Guys around here are referring to it as the Old Fort buck because it was supposedly found near the town of Old Fort in Seneca County.

26-Jan-21
That buck is way beyond impressive!

26-Jan-21
I keep waiting for the revelation that it was a high fence deer. I hope it’s real because it’s fun to dream that there’s freaks born in the wild too!

26-Jan-21
I can attest from personally seeing and hunting one that there are definitely wild bucks here with those type racks and genetics. The widest whitetail I ever measured in Ohio was 34" outside.

26-Jan-21
Old Reb - Thanks for the info, any details of what it might green score? Gotta be in top ten, if not top 20 of all time...

27-Jan-21
Zbone, in an article that I read on-line, the guy who found the head stated that he suspects that it will gross over 220. The finders name is Jason Kline. The article also stated that the locals had nicknamed the buck " Herman".

27-Jan-21
My son said that he saw on the Ohio Whitetail deer Facebook site that the Old Fort buck green scored 241 3/8 gross.

27-Jan-21
Thanks Old Reb... For some reason thought it score higher than that, but something that big and impressive hard to judge from photos...

29-Jan-21

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Wonder if they're gonna keep it...8^)

Looking at the picture reminds me years ago my girl and kids went to Clyde OH to visit one of her close friends that moved there... We spent the weekend camping in the area, and what I remember most was cornfields and how flat it was, it was flatter than a pancake with seemingly endless fields... I assume this buck was a woodlot buck, the ones like Rothhaar used to hunt in his books...

09-Feb-21

Zbone's Link
Scores 233-7/8" and they think it was 8 years old, more info at link:

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hunting/massive-ohio-deadhead-buck-found/

• Sitka Gear