Thornton 28-Jan-21
Sand man 28-Jan-21
FORESTBOWS 29-Jan-21
Catscratch 29-Jan-21
Slate 29-Jan-21
be still 29-Jan-21
KB 29-Jan-21
26-Jan-21
What are you guys doing this February til spring? I'm thinking of a few different hunts. Maybe spring bear somewhere, or hogs, or maybe snow geese. I hunted deer so much this year that I'm bored with the local scenery. Ideas and pictures would be nice

26-Jan-21
Predators for now. We hit the snow geese hard from mid February to mid March. Then back to coyotes until turkey season starts.

26-Jan-21

Kansan's embedded Photo
Kansan's embedded Photo

26-Jan-21
Do you have a snow goose outfitter that you recommend?

27-Jan-21
Lone Ranger Outfitting, Don't let the mask fool you, we ARE after your money

27-Jan-21
End of April Kodiak Brown bear

27-Jan-21
Slate...just be careful and ready...those Kodiaks like to come in and investigate at the report of a rifle....or are you bowhunting?

27-Jan-21
New Jersey is full of dangerous predators mostly political brown bears should be no problem.

27-Jan-21
Yes Jason hunting Browns with the Rifle.

27-Jan-21
Would love to go on a NZ red stag hunt once in my life

27-Jan-21
That’s on my bucket list also Ray. I have a pretty good connection with the guy I mule deer hunt with.

27-Jan-21
That’s awesome Slate. I’ve killed one in Europe and it was a rush. I’ll probably go back there several more times and it’s much more realistic in terms of cost and I’ve made some great friends over there. Just wish bowhunting was legal over there.

I know NZ is a high dollar hunt, but as a kid that was one of the first hunts I saw on my grandpas satellite TV on Sundays (after PBR). We couldn’t afford satellite and I was just glued to that TV when the outdoor shows came on.

28-Jan-21
Trebarker,

Thanks for the recommendation.

28-Jan-21
Wow I didn’t know you can’t bow hunt over there. That’s pretty cool where in Europe did you kill your stag Ray.

28-Jan-21
Be sure to check for high-fencing in New Zealand, Ray. A friend bought a hunt at auction and it was in a fence of around 400 acres. Such a gorgeous country, especially the South Island. Enjoyed some great fly-fishing, didn't get to hunt, and the people were phenomenal. Thorton...you ought to go knock around over there for a couple of weeks. Sincerely.

28-Jan-21
Good to know Mike, thanks. I’m probably looking at 10-15 years down the road realistically.

Slate, my wife is Polish. We have a lot of family still living in Poland. I’ve made some connections with guides both in Poland and Germany. Her brother lives in France and so that’s on my radar as well. I’m not sure if bowhunting is illegal in all of Europe, but it is in Poland as of now.

I’ve actively been trying to get NASP started in my wife’s home town in northern Poland. A lot of interest in bowhunting, several of the hunters I met over there actually have some very good compound bows... just no place to legally hunt them in Poland.

28-Jan-21

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
NZ is on the list. In the meantime I'll be harrassing the local wildlife. I'm liking a 28 gauge so far. Think I'll buy another in a more reliable double barrel.

28-Jan-21
Habitat work and fine tuning stand locations/setups. Nice to walk into the woods without “tipping the locals off”.

29-Jan-21
Look up Real kiwi hunting for your NZ trip. No fence. Mike is the real deal.

29-Jan-21
NZ, Europe, Kodiac! Wow!

I was thrilled to make it out on my first Pronghorn hunt this fall, and would absolutely love to head down to TX for a rattlesnake hunt someday. Never dreamed of making some of the great things you guys are doing happen. I'm a little envious, but to be honest KS has just about everything I've ever wanted in hunting and I wouldn't trade it for the world (literally).

29-Jan-21
Yeah Jason you are blessed to live and hunt in a great state like Kansas.

29-Jan-21
I agree with you on Kansas JB and hopefully you get that opportunity to come down here soon on these snakes. My Son In Law has plenty of places to hog hunt so pretty sure you could get some big hogs too on the same trip.

29-Jan-21
With no tags and tons of public access New Zealand can be done very cheap. I did a little studying while thinking about a Spring ‘20 trip at one point. Was thinking I’d live out of a rental van while not backpacked in. Obviously there are some little extras here and there on an adventure like that, but from what I had tallied it wasn’t all that different than my Wyoming elk hunt after 10 years of points, putting in for the Special draw, meat processing and travel.

• Sitka Gear