horsethief51 11-Mar-21
Aluminum Rain 11-Mar-21
Aluminum Rain 11-Mar-21
Aluminum Rain 11-Mar-21
Aluminum Rain 11-Mar-21
horsethief51 11-Mar-21
Aluminum Rain 11-Mar-21
01-Feb-21
Come out and give it a try GOLF SHOOTS FEBRUARY 6, 2021–REGION 2- LINFIELD NATIONAL GOLF COURSE 66 CHURCH RD LINFIELD PA (MONTGOMERY COUNTY) FEBRUARY 27, 2021 – REGION 6 TREE TOP GOLF COURSE 1624 CREEK ROAD MANHEIM, PA 17545 (LANCASTER COUNTY) REGISTRATION FEES: UBP MEMBERS, 17 AND OLDER $30 (BOTH SHOOTS - $50) NON-MEMBERS, $40 (BOTH SHOOTS FOR $70) ($50 FOR SHOOT PLUS 1-YEAR MEMBERSHIP). YOUTH - SIXTEEN (16) AND UNDER - $15. REGISTRATION OPENS AT 8:00 AM, SHOTGUN START AT 9:00AM, AFTER SAFETY BRIEFING

03-Feb-21
My daughter goes past Linfield and made it to work the last 2 days. Will the snow be gone enough by shoot day?

04-Feb-21
Tom says it is still on.

05-Feb-21
February, snow and lost arrows.. nothing changes.

06-Feb-21
Had a great time and didn't loose any arrows. Can't wait till the next one in three weeks.

19-Feb-21
Hope to see you at Manheim! Planning on going next Saturday...........................

25-Feb-21
Are we still ON for the golf shoot on Saturday?

25-Feb-21
Yes Sir

25-Feb-21
Hey how much snow you guys got? We had over 30 of snow the last 4 weeks with only melt off the last 2 days.

25-Feb-21
We had over 30” in one storm in Pike Co. Ed! ;-) Still have 2’ on the ground. But I heard South Central Pa ground is almost bare now.

Looking forward to my first try at Archery Golf!

27-Feb-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
BIG THANKS to Sam, Rick, Patty and her new husband and everyone who helped at the Manheim shoot! The rain stopped right at 9am when we went out on the course- perfect timing!

27-Feb-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
It was my first Archery Golf shoot and will NOT be my last! : )

27-Feb-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
THANKS also to the Pine Grove boys who welcomed me into their group. Was nice meeting them, shooting with them and sharing a bunch of laughs- REALLY good guys!

27-Feb-21
I think you call this “beginners luck!” ;-)

Little blurry, but you can see my arrow closest to the “hole” . Made a “birdie” on my first hole!

27-Feb-21

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Oops! Forgot the picture

28-Feb-21
Definitely luck! LOL.

01-Mar-21
LOL! : )

01-Mar-21
Nice form tho.

03-Mar-21
Thanks Art!

10-Mar-21
What type of distances were you shooting at?

10-Mar-21
Man do I wish those shoots were closer......

11-Mar-21
Its on a golf course, on every (18) hole. From the tee to the green. Par threes to par fives. 140 yards to 550 yards. You can all tee off at the same time on a shotgun start and on each hole. Shortest shot goes first as you approach the green. You must use blunt tips until you get close enough to the green to hit the bag target. If you hit the circle its a one putt, bog only outside the scoring ring is a two putt, I think. Must were an orange hat. You can have a prize for longest drive and closest to the hole. Guys even found ways to kind of cheat. LOL.

There is a group in PA that plays this on an old strip mine using stuffed toys and it could easily be played on a farm.

For more info and if you would come Clarion county send me a PM.

11-Mar-21
bag not bog.

11-Mar-21
Thanks Art. Full disclosure, I am president of a Wisconsin archery club that only does archery golf. We have an 18 hole course on 80 acres open from mid April to late September. Our safety rules are less stringent since our course was designed for archery. Our target is a 5" rubber ball that sits on a metal hoop stand about 6" off the ground. Our distances range from 99 to 350 yds. I wish we had more length now, like 400 to 500 yds, but the course was designed in 1954 when bows were less powerful.

11-Mar-21
If any of you guys are looking for a summer road trip for some golf feel free to come. We have a small campground with electricity and water available. RVs, campers or tents will work. We dont have set fees, just a donation system.

11-Mar-21
Golf by us probably has a larger traditional equipment following nowadays. However many of us use compounds and have devised siting systems to aim at the target from several hundred yards away. A popular one is the use of multiple peep sites higher up the string with a scoped target site.

11-Mar-21
We had a couple come from upstate New York 2 yrs ago. Sounds like they may do some winter archery golf like you in that area.

11-Mar-21
We use real golf courses that we can only get on in the winter. I am thinking I can set up a nine hole course on my farm after all the hay is mowed. You'd only have to go 250 miles less than our other two.

11-Mar-21
It would be interesting to shoot golf somewhere new. A few of our members shot a course in Ohio years back run by a guy named Charlie but thats long gone now from what I hear. The February time frame is a little less exciting.

• Sitka Gear