Ohio
Contributors to this thread:
Old Reb 03-Feb-21
Mark S 03-Feb-21
Pat Lefemine 03-Feb-21
Kevin Dill 04-Feb-21
JBaldwin 21-Jul-21
03-Feb-21
I read an article in the Ohio Outdoor News that two hunters from Ohio have started a record keeping organization for crossbow hunters. I'm not anti-crossbow but I don't agree with one of their stated long term goals. They stated that one of their long term goals is to develop public hunting opportunities that would have controlled access thus limiting the number of hunters allowed in certain areas per day. I know public hunting areas can be crowded at times but public land is supposed to be open to the public. In some cases public land is all some hunters have access to. Just my opinion.

03-Feb-21
Reb - couldn't agree more.

03-Feb-21
Basically sounds like a western model with limited access tags. Upside is it can make improve the quality of hunting on public ground. Downside is it can severely limit opportunities for hunters, particularly young hunters and newbies.

Pros and cons to the concept.

04-Feb-21
Given the population of Ohio and the relatively limited amount of public land in acres, it makes me think those guys are going off half-cocked.

21-Jul-21

JBaldwin's Link
The goal is ... Development of public hunting where you would sign up for an area to hunt. GPS would be a guide to let others know who is where. The public land Bolt & Quarrel is trying to develop is coming from private lands. Not already publicly used. But being a very young club, these things are future plans. Something like this would be a very large project. As we grow with the support and supporters we have, who knows when it would happen. We do not want to take away public land. We want more public land. We understand because we hunt public, but the 2 of us that started B&Q have also worked hard to find private land to hunt, and we work hard to keep it cause we know it's a luxury. We help the owners and help the neighbors. We have gotten to know them and always ask how we can help. This property is 160 miles from our homes. We do our best. B&Q Club started from the 2 of us sitting by a campfire Dec.2019. The 2 of us started to put things together Jan 1st 2020. We had some bumps a bruises along the way. We had a couple of more friends join the cause. North Carolina boys Dave Samonds and Todd Kennedy. And we got a big push from B&C Club and P&Y Club. This allowed us to launch on Jan 1st 2021. We are still going through growing pains. But 4 guys, 3 which work regular jobs over 40+ hours a week, our President Paul is a retired disabled Vet. We are all family men. And yes B&Q takes a backseat to these things. All this being said we always find time to answer emails and our phones or call back messages that are left. We welcome all questions. And if you would like to volunteer your service call and interview. Yes volunteer, cause we don't get paid, our pockets our 40+ hours a week is how we get things done. Now that's dedication, cause we know it's not easy. We know cause we from there.

• Sitka Gear