Thornton 05-Feb-21
Trebarker 05-Feb-21
ksq232 16-Feb-21
ks chas 16-Feb-21
keepemsharp 17-Feb-21
be still 17-Feb-21
04-Feb-21

sitO's Link
There are a couple of new House Bills that have been recently introduced. This one, which seems very odd to me(especially section 2). Then one that would basically reverse the new regs allowing use of artificial light for pursuit of wildlife(HB 2032)

Here's HB 2025: Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Kansas:

Section 1. (a) No employee of the Kansas department of wildlife, parks and tourism authorized to enforce the laws of the state of Kansas pursuant to K.S.A. 32-808, and amendments thereto, or a county weed supervisor pursuant to K.S.A. 2-1316, and amendments thereto, shall conduct surveillance on private property unless authorized pursuant to a warrant under K.S.A. 22-2502, and amendments thereto, the constitution of the United States or a judicially recognized exception to the search warrant requirement. (b) As used in this section: (1) "Surveillance" means either physical or electronic presence on private property, including the use or installation of a tracking device, to monitor activity or collect information related to the enforcement of the laws of the state of Kansas, including the use or installation of a tracking device. (2) "Tracking device" means the same as defined in K.S.A. 22-2502, and amendments thereto.

Sec. 2. (a) No law enforcement agency in this state shall enter into an agreement, whether informal or formal, with an owner or operator of a utility pole to install or have installed a tracking device to conduct surveillance on private property, unless authorized pursuant to a warrant under K.S.A. 22-2502, and amendments thereto, the constitution of the United States or a judicially recognized exception to the search warrant requirement. (b) As used in this section: (1) "Surveillance" means either physical or electronic presence on private property, including the use or installation of a tracking device, to monitor activity or collect information related to the enforcement of the laws of the state of Kansas, including the use or installation of a tracking device. (2) "Tracking device" means the same as defined in K.S.A. 22-2502, 36 and amendments thereto. HB 2025 2 (3) "Utility pole" means the same as defined in K.S.A. 66-2019, and amendments thereto.

Sec. 3. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after its publication in the statute book.

Thoughts?

05-Feb-21
I read about this in another state. I think wardens were attempting to make a case and conducting surveillance using trail cams on a guy's private farm without a warrant.

05-Feb-21
Somebody doesn't want KDWP monitoring "their deer" on their hunting lease lands.

16-Feb-21
So, this is the bill that would require a warden to obtain a warrant before investigating a crime in an "open field"? Why would Corbett introduce this? What is his motive, I can assure you it's not good. He's a snake.

16-Feb-21
It sounds to me like a bill that some one who is doing some things that they don't want to get caught doing would introduce,

17-Feb-21
The only thing Corbet watches is dollars. If the word "wildlife" is mentioned then Corbet sees dollars.

17-Feb-21
Maybe outfitter induced to cover up undercover baiting when Kansas finally outlaws it....fuel up your plane Thorton.

• Sitka Gear