Eagle Eye 20-Mar-21
Eagle Eye 20-Mar-21
bigbuck 20-Mar-21
Saxon 20-Mar-21
Saxon 20-Mar-21
Eagle Eye 20-Mar-21
dupontcheesepy12 20-Mar-21
07-Feb-21
Its that time again when we're like kids at Christmas waiting to see if we got that tag under the tree.. Good luck all and I hope the AZGFD doesn't extend the draw. Snooze you lose.. Just saying. Good luck all..

07-Feb-21
This is the first year I've been serious about trying to draw an Arizona tag so I'm waiting anxiously...

07-Feb-21
I wish they would link the credit card update to the last day of the draw.

09-Feb-21
The ole tic tock.... lol. 5 family members all in this year. Somebody has to draw something!! Good luck all.

10-Feb-21
@azbugler I have my son and daughter on my tag this year. WOULD BE AWESOME for us all to do a n Elk hunt together. Praying for even a cow tag...

11-Feb-21
Best of luck sir!

11-Feb-21
Hope my wife draws an archery bull tag....good luck, gents!

23-Feb-21
Getting closer. May the odds be in your favor!

24-Feb-21
Good luck everyone!

25-Feb-21
Any idea when the actual draw will take place and when the CC’s may be hit?

26-Feb-21
CC will start gettin hit today ! ?????? good luck everyone ! May this be the year, finally ?

26-Feb-21
Come on elk tags??????????????????

27-Feb-21
Holy smokes! G&F has reported 18,000 more applicants for tags than last year! Not looking good.

27-Feb-21
Not a peep yet on Bowsite or any other source I track. I'd expect to have seen reports of CC hits by now if draw was really underway. Hopefully it's a sign they haven't really started.

27-Feb-21
I read somewhere it would be march 5

27-Feb-21
Haven't heard anything from anyone.... Maybe march 5th is the day... Good luck to all

01-Mar-21
talk to G&F this a.m. there still processing apps. ??????????

01-Mar-21
How are they still processing apps? All applications are done online, so there’s nothing to process anymore. Paper apps disappeared several draw cycles ago.

01-Mar-21
I think they just get a kick out of keeping us in suspense ??

01-Mar-21
They have to manually enter all the app info into the portal accounts. You would think in 2021 they could come up with a portal system that could query info from a database in the draw system but that is apparently way too complicated for a State Agency to accomplish.

01-Mar-21
The servicearizona.com website is very similar to G&F. I just had to renew my UTV tags last week and the online bill I had was for $35.40 but when I clicked on their Link to pay it is changed to $244. I called MVD (waited on hold for 43 minutes) finally got help. The guy was very patient and helpful and he told me the new MVD system requires that you create an account, which I did. He said they are trying to get away from servicearizona.com system because it does not "communicate" with the new account system. He had to manually enter my payment info for me so I could pay the correct smaller amount.

01-Mar-21
Heat, the portal has nothing to do with the actual draw. They could have run the draw on Friday and then go back and populate the portal with the relevant info. With no way to update our credit cards now, every hour this drags on, some poor guy is going to miss out on a tag if his card now gets locked for fraud.

Why have a hard closing date on the credit card update feature if you’re not ready to run the draw?

02-Mar-21

02-Mar-21
i think there are serious issues with the site. I have spoken with them almost everyday up to the deadline because it shows me not having any bonus points. Today i still show no bonus points but have been assured they well be added to my account during the draw. Well see

02-Mar-21
3-05 is optimistic but they are getting better with the new system. I expect the posting will be 3-11/12.

02-Mar-21
Have the same bonus point issue. 14 points and not a single bonus point showed.

03-Mar-21
I agree that the portal doesn't really have anything to do with the actual draw. The problem is the portal is telling people who did apply that they didn't. They should have turned that part off if they weren't ready yet. All they did was confuse the shit out of everybody and create all kinds of work for themselves.

03-Mar-21
Heat, I agree wholeheartedly. This draw cycle has been a disaster. I kinda miss the days of paper apps and then hitting redial repeatedly on 2 different phones to see if I got drawn! Haha

05-Mar-21
Well it's the 5th.. where my tag..lol

05-Mar-21
I'm right there with ya elktrax...

05-Mar-21
Shall we try a new countdown? They now have 28 days to mail out tags. At this current rate, they may not even make that!! Lol

05-Mar-21
This definitely isnt a good thing for us waiting to see if we draw a tag here, before we put in for other states.

05-Mar-21
They could at least update the site with an explanation and an estimated time for completion.

06-Mar-21
3-11 at 1400.

06-Mar-21
azelkhntr - Is that info from a reliable source? Sure is taking a long time this year!

06-Mar-21
3/12/21 @ 8:11 am

06-Mar-21
azelkhntr - Is that info from a reliable source? Sure is taking a long time this year!

The past 2 years since they've 100% automated the process the results have been posted on the 2nd week of the following month after the credit card update window has closed. CC update closed at 11:59pm on 2-25. The CC update date deadline is where the lag is. Results should be posted on thursday or friday. C'mon big ticket!

07-Mar-21

08-Mar-21
Do you have to hold a current license at the time of the actual draw? Or just at the time when you put in for draw (deadline). Mine has expired after the deadline to enter the draw. Would this stop you getting a tag or a point? Thanks

08-Mar-21
Has to be valid the date applications close...and of course before you can hunt.

08-Mar-21
You're good and if you draw you'll have to buy a new license. I'm in the same boat.

08-Mar-21
Thanks for the confirmation I appreciate it..

08-Mar-21
At least they finally posted notice that draw isn't starting quite yet: https://www.azgfd.com/azgfd-continues-to-process-2021-elk-pronghorn-hunt-draw-applications/

09-Mar-21
Cheesehead Mike is correct.

10-Mar-21
Gheesh! It’s been the worst year yet for the AZGF drawing system. They must make these needed improvements and do it well before important draw dates. I hope they learn from this but anymore who knows.

10-Mar-21
Gheesh! It’s been the worst year yet for the AZGF drawing system. They must make these needed improvements and do it well before important draw dates. I hope they learn from this but anymore who knows.

Not at all. AZGF has done a great job with the changeover. They've got their act together. We'll know by tomorrow pm or Friday.

10-Mar-21
Really? Great job? Last year my card was hit the day after the CC deadline. Same thing the over the years before. Now its been almost 2 weeks since and they’re still processing applications? Sounds like a total mess to me.

10-Mar-21
Plus draw postings were always 2 weeks AFTER credit card hits. Anyone been hit yet?

10-Mar-21

AZ8's Link
Opportunity again to update your credit card. Friday, 5pm.

11-Mar-21
Well there’s an update on their site. You can still update your card until the 12th which means they still haven’t done the draw. Unbelievable!! I suggest a new IT department.

11-Mar-21
I'm pretty sure they've done the drawing, they just haven't charged the credit cards.

11-Mar-21
They have 80k more applications vs last year. That might be the hangup but IDK.

11-Mar-21
I ran into issues trying to update my wife's cc back whenever the last cc deadline was. I never could get their system to recognize her despite having all documentation. I called the next morning trying to get something done and was told the draw was done and I was SOL. I agree with StickFlicker. It was done long ago.

11-Mar-21
"They have 80k more applications vs last year. That might be the hangup but IDK."

I know its a bunch, but it's 18,000 more apps than last year. 170,000 total apps.

12-Mar-21
Good luck everyone lets see what tomorrow has in store.

13-Mar-21
Anybody getting their cards hit.

13-Mar-21
No hit here...ugh.. My account says I never applied. And there is a receipt in my hand and a charge on my card saying I applied and they took money. Talk about Screwed up and am I in the draw?????? Need a NEW IT AND DRAW SYSTEM.

13-Mar-21

15-Mar-21
Is today the day? Odds

15-Mar-21
Not til Ftoday?

15-Mar-21
What are you basing Friday on? In past draws g&f would begin hitting CC’s the day after the update deadline, which should have been February 26 this year. Since the update deadline was extended to last Friday I would think some cards should be hit today. Not seeing it though.

15-Mar-21
Exactly

15-Mar-21
G&F is getting more and more like liberal democrats. wanting all the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ they can get. They can care less who draws. Just as long as they see the $$$$$ come in... Like Rush used to say.."Don't doubt me"

15-Mar-21
Why would they care they know they will sell out next year and every year after that no matter how bad the service is.

15-Mar-21
Heeeey. Sure they’re arrogant, incompetent and their system is a mess but just because they have your name, birthdate, social security number, address and credit card number what could possibly go wrong?

15-Mar-21
No whining now.

15-Mar-21
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan

16-Mar-21
LMAO quote: "Heeeey. Sure they’re arrogant, incompetent and their system is a mess but just because they have your name, birthdate, social security number, address and credit card number what could possibly go wrong?"

16-Mar-21
Try another State, will be happier

17-Mar-21
AZGFD Website now says all Hunt_Permit Tags will be mailed by April 2

17-Mar-21
AZGFD Website now says all Hunt_Permit Tags will be mailed by April 2

17-Mar-21
@cedarv. Of course all the tags sell. They just keep postponing so it keeps the $$$ coming in. And that crashes the system so they say. They have always sold every tag. It's that $13 non refundable They want.. Dont kid yourself it's all about the MONEY

17-Mar-21
TexasBuck, it's always said that. Nothing has changed as far as that goes.

17-Mar-21
@elktrax the draw ends when it ends and the 13 bucks is taken at that time so screwing up the handing out of permits doesn’t make them any more money. My point is that, like any government agency their customer service sucks and they don’t care cause you’ll be back shitty service and all.

17-Mar-21
What’s really sad is there are thousands of children not attending school due to the virus. Many of these youngsters are computer literate and could have set up and run the draw for AZGFD. The results would have been posted a week ago had AZGFD requested their help. That’s what’s sad

17-Mar-21
Cedarv, my credit card showed a payment for the permit apps the very next day. They will not accept your app if you credit card is declined and they get the money anyhow whether you are drawn or not so why would they wait?

17-Mar-21
Ecalpon I was responding to Elktrax who said ..... “@cedarv. Of course all the tags sell. They just keep postponing so it keeps the $$$ coming in. And that crashes the system so they say. They have always sold every tag. It's that $13 non refundable They want.. Dont kid yourself it's all about the MONEY“ Not sure what he was referring to by “they keep postponing it so it keeps the $$$ coming in”. I don’t see how postponing the draw gets them any more money since the deadline to apply has passed.

17-Mar-21
ECALPON When you say your card showed “a payment for the permit apps the very next day” are you referring to the $13 fee or a higher amount for an actual permit? My $13 fees showed up as soon as I applied however I’ve seen nothing since nor do I know anyone who’s card has been hit for a permit since February 26.

17-Mar-21
The App fee of 13.00

17-Mar-21
Ok. That makes sense.

18-Mar-21
For many years they have extended the draw to get more applicants. That was my point on that More cash. Maybe this year they didn't. But why keep the Credit Card update open a week longer. Snooze u lose. Yes the IT Dept. Sucks at GnF.

18-Mar-21
Gentlemen, I just got hit! Curt Wells

18-Mar-21
Gentlemen, I just got hit! Curt Wells

18-Mar-21
Really?

18-Mar-21
Yes. Have been applying with my two sons and just got hit for $1,950.

18-Mar-21
Congratulations Curt!

18-Mar-21
I just got hit for elk. Nothing yet on wife's elk or grandson's youth elk.

18-Mar-21

18-Mar-21
Eagle eye how many points did you have?

18-Mar-21
I had 6 bonus points, 1st choice early bull, 2nd choice antlerless.

18-Mar-21
Eagle eye Congrats

18-Mar-21
Eagle eye Congrats

18-Mar-21
Got hit for archery bull tag...!!! 2nd year in a row as a non resident! Not sure where all my luck is coming from but I’ll take it!

18-Mar-21
Thx elktrax, good luck to you!

18-Mar-21
5BS or 8. Don't care which. I am pretty happy with either.

19-Mar-21
Hit for 2! Been a while...

19-Mar-21
Pretty much over by Tuesday wouldn’t you think ?

19-Mar-21
Card got hit this morning! Off I go to AZ unit 27.

19-Mar-21

19-Mar-21
not looking good here but not giving up hope yet!!

19-Mar-21

Aufshor's embedded Photo
Aufshor's embedded Photo
CC just got hit, Im elk hunting this YR!!!!! dont know which units yet but its either 4A,4B or 23!

19-Mar-21
"4A,4B or 23"??

Does that mean you put it for bull tags in those units in that order (1st, 2nd and 3rd choice)? There is really no chance to draw a bull tag in Arizona lower than 2nd choice.

19-Mar-21
Eagle eye "I had 6 bonus points, 1st choice early bull, 2nd choice antlerless."

6 points for an antlerless tag? ouch. if that is what you drew.

19-Mar-21
KHunter - I'm a retired guy from MN who's been living in Phoenix for 35 yrs. Strictly a rifle hunter, quit putting in for later hunts after having to cut a couple short due to weather. Definitely don't have the same skills as many bow hunters, and I'll settle for meat in the freezer. Good luck, hope you draw a tag.

19-Mar-21
All good EE. I struck out, as expected based on my points and hunt choices. Do have a couple slam-dunk draws coming up.

19-Mar-21
Eagle Eye, just curious how it happened that you became a Bowsite member if you are strictly a rifle hunter? There's no problem with that, of course, just curious what draws you here versus the many, many rifle hunting sites that are out there?

19-Mar-21
Looks like an early archery in 1,2B,2C or 10 for me. Is this a good hunt? Thanks

19-Mar-21
Congratulations to you and your sons Curt. Look forward to seeing that hunt on Bowhunter next winter. I like your name, even if it is spelled wrong. Kurt

19-Mar-21
StickFlicker, I've got a few pals who are bow hunters, never took it up but have a lot of respect for those who do. The only time I joined pal on his bow hunt, witnessed a cow elk lick him on the cheek! Craziest thing I've ever seen in the outdoors. I was drawn to Bowsite a few years ago due to the AZ draw forum, seems like you folks are the most active posters about results I've found. Have a good one.

19-Mar-21
Like Eagle Eye I put in for rifle as first choice for elk cause I am old and I like to eat elk, but as I have deer hanging out at the water I put in the back yard I do buy an archery deer tag. This is referred to as "walking in the woods with a bow".

Terry

20-Mar-21
My card got hit late Friday, I'm in for an early archery hunt!

20-Mar-21
Draw results are posted.

20-Mar-21
Khunter - I struck out on the coveted Unit 1 early bull tag. So it's Unit 27 cow hunt for me. The past 4 yrs I got skunked in draw when applying 1st choice early bull, 2nd choice cow. So I'll make the most of my hunt. I retired last summer so planning on LOTS of camping, fishing and scouting this year. I'd be much obliged for anyone's input on areas in 27 to focus on. Any takers, please text me at 6025139817 and I'll reply with my contact info. Congrats to all who were drawn, exciting times ahead.

20-Mar-21

20-Mar-21
Best hunting buddy and his brother drew rifle Antelope tags, card got hit last night, had 26 & 27 pts. Unit 7 or 10.

20-Mar-21
11 years and counting for archery elk,hopefully next year !!

20-Mar-21
Eagle eye: What is your text number? The one shown has too many numbers. I've been to Unit 27 three times in the past and drew a cow tag this year.

20-Mar-21
Eagle eye: What is your text number? The one shown has too many numbers. I've been to Unit 27 three times in the past and drew a cow tag this year.

20-Mar-21
Saxon, my cell (text # is (602) 513-9817. Thx for responding, look forward to connecting.

20-Mar-21
Drew early bull bow with 3 points!

• Sitka Gear