Will 16-Feb-21
N8tureBoy 16-Feb-21
nehunter 18-Feb-21
Rackem 03-Mar-21
BBB 03-Mar-21
Rackem 05-Mar-21
Woodsnut 10-Mar-21
09-Feb-21
OK, so this is not an attempt to stir any pot, or poke any bear, it's a serious question about a bug (that should get a response) that I hate,........ticks!! I don't know what others experienced this past season, but I saw very few ticks, and one area I hunt is full of barberry which they seem to love.

I do use permethrin on my hunting clothes prior to heading to the woods, (diluted and hung out to dry for days)

09-Feb-21
I do not use anything on my clothes as a repellent, ever. Not one tick this year. To be honest I don’t seem to attract them like some of my buddies, but this year it seems their numbers were extremely low

09-Feb-21
I had one stand that I would pick ticks off the entire time I was there. After a couple times there, I picked up some permethrin, and the temps dropped too. No more ticks. I don't recall seeing any at any of my other stands.

09-Feb-21
Very little during Turkey and Deer season in the NW corner. Always use permitherin to treat my clothes more during the Turkey season than Deer.

09-Feb-21
I seem to remember one on my pant leg in the summer.

Yeah, I treat my pants with permethrin.

09-Feb-21
I had very few. Only acouple attached. There will be less this year with all this snow.

09-Feb-21
TIMH - are you saying a couple actual bit and hung on? I've never been bitten, even before permethrin was used. I must taste bad, or I have bad taste.

10-Feb-21
Yeah I had 2 that were actually attached to my body.

10-Feb-21
When I found them on me it was usually from the dog. Dogs on tick med will carry them in the house and onto the couch where they they leave the dog and find me. Not many ticks this past fall in the woods.

10-Feb-21
Very few while deer hunting, a few more when bird hunting mostly on the dog. I have not treated my clothes yet.

10-Feb-21
Nothing on me personally, but the deer I harvested had a good number on them.

10-Feb-21
I had a bunch, seemed like a normal year tick wise for me.

10-Feb-21
I had one bitting my leg one time when I came n home from hunting , besides that not many

10-Feb-21
I had one bitting my leg one time when I came n home from hunting , besides that not many

10-Feb-21
Seemed like a normal tick season to me this year. However, I'm thinking winter survival rates might be a bit higher this season due to the current snowpack which serves as a terrific insulator for the little pests buried into the forest leaf litter. A cold, exposed forest floor will keep numbers down but a snowy winter is another matter.

10-Feb-21
Nothing for me this year, usually pick of 5ish off my clothes every year. I did treat my boots and pants though...

11-Feb-21
I as well experienced very few ticks this year

15-Feb-21
I saw very few ticks this year. I did have one attached to my lower back. It was on for less than 24 hours, not on long enough to worry, per my doctor. I sent it to a Yale lab study for free. Two weeks later it came back as positive for Lyme disease.

16-Feb-21
I didnt have one on me in CT or MA - climbing, walking or biting... I dont remember seeing any. I do use Permithrin, but where it was so dry over the summer and early fall I'm guessing it was a "bad" tick year.

16-Feb-21
Fewer ticks than normal for me. Permethrin helps. I pay extra attention to the cuffs, neck and waist areas.

18-Feb-21
Permitherin has to be in the top 10 of the best things ever invented for Hunter's! Thermocell's burn permitherin and they are in the top 10 too.

03-Mar-21
Sounds promising for lyme disease. https://www.fieldandstream.com/story/hunting/lyme-disease-vaccine/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&tp=i-1NGB-Et-TcS-1H5hlM-1c-FOEL-1c-1H5LSq-l5m3mBtsDV-1ncmyK

03-Mar-21
Rackem - that does sound like great news, and hopefully I'm able to chase a buck or two in 2023

05-Mar-21
Fingers crossed BBB.

10-Mar-21
Had to dig one out. But not as bad as years past

• Sitka Gear