One Arrow 24-Feb-21
sitO 24-Feb-21
TwoDogs@work 25-Feb-21
One Arrow 25-Feb-21
Matte 26-Feb-21
One Arrow 27-Feb-21
11-Feb-21

crestedbutte's Link
Per link provided...stay safe out there this weekend!

13-Feb-21
Saw some of those ke birds out there. They set on the ground and say Ke Ke Ke-rist it's cold. All joking aside, had to kill a cow yesterday ( broken leg) and hang her to butcher, like to froze my butt doing it. Probably will go help neighbor cut some wood this afternoon. Keep safe you all!

14-Feb-21

MDW's embedded Photo
MDW's embedded Photo
Deer don't seem to mind much, this is 25 yards out my front door this morning.

14-Feb-21
Marvin...beautiful pic!

15-Feb-21
Yes, that is beautiful, good job!

15-Feb-21
Yep, it's pretty neat right now, have deer passing the house morning and afternoon on way to feed field. Saturday afternoon there were at least 20, about half does and the other half bucks, only two had shed antlers.

19-Feb-21

MDW's embedded Photo
MDW's embedded Photo
Eleven total this morning, now heading to bed on the sunny side of the hill!

19-Feb-21
Damn snow everywhere. Great pictures I agree

24-Feb-21

writer's Link
Two more drowned in southeast Kansas.

24-Feb-21
Really sad, when it comes to ice I'm a pansy. Local reservoirs fluctuate so much its really risky, you can be walking over air.

24-Feb-21
Close to home

24-Feb-21
I just don't understand this, I'm with Dave...not worth it.

25-Feb-21
I got a good lesson about ice over 30 years ago. It was a really cold winter and when February arrived everything was covered with a lot of ice. I was bored and decided to try some ice fishing. I knew where there was a brush pile or two in our local Chase County Lake. I went out and cut a couple of holes through 14 inches of ice, and noticed just a few feet further out on the lake the ice looked different. I had a spade and hit the different looking ice with the spade and it was maybe an inch thick. I don't know if the wind or perhaps a spring had kept the ice from freezing deeper there. I do know that if I had stepped out onto that ice they would have probably found my body at the bottom 10 foot of water.

I can relay another story form many year ago. I was in Colorado over Memorial Day Weekend. The lakes still had ice covering them but there was open water where streams entered the lakes. I was fishing a lake and a local came down and asked if I would mind if we shared the fishing spot. I said that there was room for both of us. He told me that he decided it was time to stop ice fishing as the ice was getting too rotten. He said he had broken through the ice three times in the last few days. I told him that I agreed it was time to stay off of the ice. The point here is that the ice may still appear to be thick enough to support a person , as it begins to melt it weakens and is unsafe.

25-Feb-21

One Arrow's embedded Photo
One Arrow's embedded Photo
I know it’s a little off topic, but there was a bull lost on the ice last weekend.

Shed hunting today and I found a decent sized pond that probably had over 100 fish dead, frozen in what’s left of the ice.

26-Feb-21

Matte's Link
Another another sad story about people on ice.

27-Feb-21
Per FB... Another accident around Norton. Luckily the man was saved.

I can’t believe people are still ice fishing.

• Sitka Gear