xtroutx 16-Mar-21
Beerbobber31 16-Mar-21
Trickle rut 16-Mar-21
xtroutx 16-Mar-21
Nocturnal II 16-Mar-21
bobbinhood 09-Apr-21
Casekiska 09-Apr-21
19-Feb-21
Winter has peaked and it would be nice to read something different here. Anyone have anything good to share?

19-Feb-21

19-Feb-21
Took the Thread title wrong.

19-Feb-21
Stories are my favorite part of hunting. My brother and will sit and talk with a glass of whiskey on Friday night and think about the stories that are about to happen over the next 48 hours of hunting. I love that anticipation. I've got a little fishing trip coming up with him this weekend and I'm sure we will be having the same conversation.

19-Feb-21
What is a bizarre? Are they good to eat?

19-Feb-21

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Ryan , I'll start out ( of course) . 1978 working on a big project in Kansas . I can't make it to Wi for Deer gun season & I'm bummed out . An Iron worker invites me t o hunt the weekend in MO at his uncles farm .

Its a huge Turkey farm with a patch of Oaks. The Farmer walks me up a steep hill along side of a hj fence . He tells me when the sun comes up I should see a few Deer in the Oaks below me .

Sure as heck its light out & several nice bucks are feeding . The Turkeys behind me are making noise but the Deer ignore it . I put the crosshairs on a really nice buck ( Ruger # 1 in .280 ) & squeeze the trigger .

The Buck drops in his tracks & 2,000 Turkeys Scream & Fly in every direction crashing into each other. Scared the heck out if me .

The farmer drives up & helps me gut & load the buck . His wife makes Breakfast for the 4 of us & I check to make sure my buck is tied down & there is 5 Turkeys all cleaned & wrapped next to my Deer .I told the farmer that if I did that I would buy the birds .

He said no exthey were cleaning 600 birds that day & these were injured when my rifle went off . I sent him a very nice X-mas basket.

I wrote the story a bit longer & 3 news papers & 1 hunt magazine picked it up . Title of the story ?

1 deer & 5 Turkeys with 1 Shot .

19-Feb-21
You sir Ruger, got the memo! That is crazy for sure. I wouldn't be happy missing a WI firearms season, but with a hunt like that. Not a big deal.

BigEight thats what its about! Cheers..

19-Feb-21

xtroutx's embedded Photo
xtroutx's embedded Photo
2016 I hunted very hard before the rut, Oct 16th I hit a nice ten. Hit the shoulder,blood drops dried up, and never recovered. I was to say the least, very bummed out. Fast forward to nov 7, I was sitting on the couch in my pajamas, watching the morning news. I got up to get another cup of coffee and looked out the kitchen window ,and this guy was coming though the woods towards the house. He walked 30yrs from the house across the back yard. I yelled to the wife to come see this nice buck in the yard. Then the bell went off ,"its bow season" get your bow you dummy. Ran to the basement and grabbed my bow, got to the top of the stairs and no release, ran back down, dug through my pack and grabbed my release. The wife is watching from the patio door, the dog is barking wondering what the hell is going on, and now the deer has made a 90 and heading parallel with the side of the house. I opened the sliding door jumped out on the deck, drew and shot at the last second before he would be out of site along the side of the house. He swung around and piled up 40 yrds behind the house. I still have a laugh when someone say "you cant get one sitting on the couch. My biggest bow kill to date.

05-Mar-21
Great stories guys, and thanks for sharing. it always amazes me the things that can happen in pursuit of the whitetail

07-Mar-21
How are these great stories?? Xtroutx illegally shooting a deer from his house. Ruger Im assuming “back then” and Missouri regulations it was legal, but could be considered trading/selling wild game.

07-Mar-21
I don't believe it's illegal to hunt from your house.

07-Mar-21
Beerbobber, get your facts straight before acussing someone of doing something illegal. I was not in my house.

07-Mar-21
How is shooting from a deck on a building illegal? Receiving butchered turkeys from a farmer is illegal? Not worth our time as usual. But I wasted my time responding.

07-Mar-21
Even if he was in his house still not illegal.

07-Mar-21
Someone must have hacked his phone again. What a dipsh*t.

07-Mar-21
Must be drunk again .

16-Mar-21

16-Mar-21
I’m so sorry. Thought it was 100 yards from any house/barn. So funny how you “true” bow hunters think it’s okay to shoot a deer from your house/deck is considered hunting?? If he shot with a xbow you would all be against it. Get your facts right about the shit you say about me before you post them.

16-Mar-21
100 yards from a house/barn is true, but if you have permission or it's your own, hunting from your deck is 100% legal

16-Mar-21
Yea, I usually sit on my deck with a case of beer and a big pile of corn about 20 yards away most of the season. You crack me up.

16-Mar-21
Must be drunk again.

16-Mar-21
I suppose depending on the glare from the sun it’s hard to watch your wife eating that corn through the window inside your house.

16-Mar-21
WOW.... this turned into a very nice thread

16-Mar-21
LOL

16-Mar-21
I was being nice. I could said at least move the corn pile to 60 yards. After that case of beer he probably still could hit her fat ass

16-Mar-21
Hes on a binger folks. He got his stimulus check and the beer flows are endless.

16-Mar-21
Real class act there Beerbobber. You bring my wife into a hunting form discussion, you are really a bigger piece of shit than I first thought.

16-Mar-21
Seriously WTF is your guys problem. You say shit and make claims about me on multiple threads numerous times, and I say something back one time and I’m the piece of shit??

16-Mar-21
Ditto

16-Mar-21
You can say all you want about me! You already stated I was illegally hunting! False claim. No worries about that, just stated my opinion about your comment, one poster to another. But when you bring someones wife into a conversation that has nothing to do with her, then yes, you are a piece of shit. The only other comment I have ever made about you was "maybe his phone was hacked", reffering to you saying your phone was hacked after you or your hacker sent a nasty PM to a fellow bowsiter.

16-Mar-21
Hes just a drunk, incapable of intellectual conversations. He comes on after bar close and voices ignorance on here. Not because he hates you, or anyone on here, but because he hates himself. Most of the time nobody can understand him or even the point he was trying to make.

09-Apr-21
I have a "STUPID STORY" for ya! On two different occasions I was lucky enough to spend about 7 days with Fred Bear in Mercer WI(1976 and 78) at the "Flam Bow" resort owned by Bill Tutt! NOT one DAMN picture was taken!!!! Tutt had worked for Fred(Bear archery)back in the 50's and now and then Fred would come to visit and I was just lucky enough to be there!

09-Apr-21
Here's another Fred Bear story.... About 1978 or '79 I was attending the Bowhunters Nationals Tournament in Clinton, Indiana. Mr. Bear was there for a speech and then a meet 'n greet with those so inclined. I was one of those so inclined and eventually gathered up the courage to approach him and ask him to sign a certain page in a magazine that carried an article I had written about his Razorhead broadhead. He signed on the title page and said, "Oh, you wrote this! I was wondering. I've read it. Good!" Almost needless to say, I still have that magazine with his signature. Also have a photo of Mr. Bear and that much younger me. Good memory for an old timer.

• Sitka Gear