HARRY CARRY 21-Feb-21
Rut Nut 22-Feb-21
Supernaut 22-Feb-21
EIStone 22-Feb-21
yellow eye 25-Feb-21
21-Feb-21

Seneca_Archer's embedded Photo
Seneca_Archer's embedded Photo
It is with great sadness I am reporting Dick's passing. A WWII vet (tailgunner B- 25) and founding member of Falcon Archers in 1955. Dick never abandoned "traditional" archery and regularly shot at the club until his late 80's. Dick was one of the few successful archers in PA's first official archery season in 1951. Of the 33 deer harvested, I believe Dick's was one of only 5 bucks. Hunting with bow and arrow had been legal only in the regular firearms season prior to that.

https://www.beinhauer.com/memorials/richmo nd-zorn/4537347/index.php

21-Feb-21
I have only heard of Mr. Zorn through various mentions in old PA Game News magazines, and online via the Archery sites we frequent. But, I believe we all owe him a great handful of thanks... for his perseverance of the basics of Archery, throughout his lifetime. May his inspirations live on in all Archers...

22-Feb-21
Prayers to his family!

Thanks for posting this! Very interesting.............................definitely one of the "pioneers" of bowhunting in PA!

22-Feb-21
RIP Mr. Zorn. Prayers sent to his friends and family.

22-Feb-21
I was lucky enough to be friends with and hunt with Dick for close to 50 yrs. We hunted in Pa. West Virginia,New York and Colorado. Dick was one of a kind, excellent barebow shot and always a gentleman. I think he was indoor state champ twice. A veteran, one of the founders of Falcon Archers and a legend but you would never know it as he was always very humble. I will miss him dearly.

25-Feb-21
I did not Know Mr. Zorn and the name sounds familiar from somewhere. Sounds like we lost a good one RIP. This picture is going on my wall in the cave, It will start some interesting conversations and keep this (his) piece of history.

• Sitka Gear