RutnStrut 24-Feb-21
Hoot 24-Feb-21
GoJakesGo 24-Feb-21
orionsbrother 24-Feb-21
Screwball 24-Feb-21
WausauDug 26-Feb-21
dupontcheesepy12 20-Mar-21
22-Feb-21
I drew my wolf tag so I just printed off all my paperwork and am off and running grabbing some last minute supplies. A little frustrated because the quota looks like it will be reduced because of the tribes so this will be quite the race. Good luck to all that drew! Post any pictures.

22-Feb-21
Good luck everyone. Skook, where you going? What is your plan for hunting/trapping?

22-Feb-21
I'm going near my house. Zone 3 just south of Sawyer County line. Trapping for sure and possibly with hounds if I can line it up.

22-Feb-21
Should be fun, good luck.

22-Feb-21
I drew. Heading up to use dogs in Zone 1. If Zone 1 closes and your zone is open, look me up and we'll try and hook up with you...

22-Feb-21
Good luck Skook and everybody else who drew!

22-Feb-21
Good luck to everyone to drew a tag.

22-Feb-21
I saw my 3 pts go to zero and thought "what the heck" then realized that a good thing of course! I'm going to be in Bayfield and any tips on time of day and setup would be much appreciated. I"m sure those 31 tags in 1 will go quickly like in the past. Although w/ the zero lead time this will help the hunters a tad. I"m thinking of hunting from a ladder stand overlooking a clear / shelter cut w/ a road at my back and calling.

23-Feb-21
Good Luck everyone who drew. Post harvest pictures of any that got taken. Also post any reports of any encounters with the Wolf Patrol. They are out there following hunters and posting crap on Youtube. Bunch of wack jobs!

23-Feb-21
Received a call yesterday asking permission to hunt my land. South east Ashland Co. is wolf central. The guy is from south of us and is going to hunt with a thermal imaging scope ... I told Him YES YES YES. He will have 500ac with 1/2 mile of river bottom and my cabin....

23-Feb-21
One wolf harvested.

23-Feb-21

23-Feb-21
My friend from Hayward got a huge male this morning.

23-Feb-21

23-Feb-21
52 wolves harvested as of 8:00 AM this morning

23-Feb-21
52?, pretty good!!! Most with hounds you think?

23-Feb-21
I am somewhat confused? They use dogs to chase wolfs, yet bear hound hunters, Bird Dogs and pet dogs owners are lamenting the wolfs killing there dogs during bear season.

Why aren't the wolfs killing the dogs that are chasing them now? Do they use a different kind of dog for wolfs than for bears?

23-Feb-21
I'm sure nearly all were with hounds. Any trappers wouldn't have even checked until this morning. I saw several bobcat tracks and one wolf track when I checked this morning.

I'm guessing most if not all units will be announced today or tomorrow at the latest.

23-Feb-21
Skookumjt.... My friend trapped the one he got

23-Feb-21
Huntcell it isn’t just Bear Hunters who lament the loss of dogs. There are a number of Bird Dogs and pet dogs in that mix.

23-Feb-21
The one thing is they are running wolves with hounds knowing they can legally shoot them. Kind of like if you were afraid of bears and wouldn't want to run into one while doing something else, but when you hunt them there is no fear. If that makes sense?

23-Feb-21
Zones 2,5, and 6 closing at 10 tomorrow.

23-Feb-21
It’s absolutely perfect conditions for the hound hunters to rack up numbers.

23-Feb-21
The tribes do not harvest wolves? Or do they? If not why are they allocated tags?

23-Feb-21
You should see what happens to coon hounds when caught by a pack not pretty.

23-Feb-21
There isn’t a hound hunter alive that would send his hounds in on a pack. You run singles with the dogs. Don’t be one of the stupid uninformed!

If the tribes don’t harvest wolves we should be able to continue until the full quota is reached. The quota is just that a quota. It shouldn’t matter who fills it. If the tribes decline filling their tags that’s their choice and shouldn’t take away opportunities from those that want to fill their tags.

23-Feb-21
Watching that video you should have to prove your gonna hunt.....yeah I know a pipe dream.

23-Feb-21
Do the tribes care or is it publicity?

23-Feb-21
apparently the wolf patrol people are pretty slow at math. The burning of the tag did not save ONE wolf. The quota will be met no matter what. Bunch of retards. Thanks for donating dumbass!

23-Feb-21
Didn't know. Thank's for your donation dumbass lol

23-Feb-21
I know of two that were trapped so far. Three including MJF

23-Feb-21
Is it not illegal for that clown to approach legally set traps?? Even if he doesn't touch them he is contaminating the set with his scent and whatever is on his boots. Jackass do gooder he is

23-Feb-21
By that i mean he is not stumbling on them but surgically looking for them and pointing them out Seems like possible hunter harassment to me

23-Feb-21
Looking at the DNR website, it looks like a total non-tribal quota of 119 wolves, the 200 would include the Indians quota, correct?????? What actually was the cost of application and license, both for resident and non-resident???

23-Feb-21
Yes, 119 actual harvest because the tribes won't harvest any. They just claimed theirs to reduce the harvest. $10 to apply (four years) and $49 for the license, plus convenience fees. Ten year wait and two days to try and fill a tag. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully my resident pack comes through tonight.

23-Feb-21
apply 'Rule 66 Numbers Compensation'. Up the kill Quota to 400. da Clan can claim half, real hunters fill their half, thus the objective is reached, of 200 wolfs.

that is if we had an effective wolf management DNR.

24-Feb-21
How many "spirit" animals do the indians have? I thought the elk was their spirit animal. Maybe deduct the cost of their "spirit" animals from their real spirit animal. The big fat government checks they get.

24-Feb-21
Rut - Don't forget bears.

24-Feb-21
Many tribal tags are filled. Shouldn't lump all the rumors you hear together.

24-Feb-21
GoJakesGo - If the tribal tags are being used and filled, why is the quota number shown as 119?

If they are actually utilizing their tags, shouldn’t the quota number be shown as 200 to reflect that?

24-Feb-21
I spoke with two members of two different bands, they are not harvesting wolves, maybe a couple overall they stated, but it will not be 90 of them, and their bands are not harvesting any.

26-Feb-21
well I failed, no wolf for me. I got to our camp Tuesday night w/ my son and thoughts of at least hunting Wed and Thursday thinking the season would end quickly again. A friend met us whom has a ton of predator hunting and trapping experience and gave me a crash course. His traps were put away for the year and said there just wasn't time to get ready to trap. Wednesday morning we had 2" of fresh snow and was excited to see some deer and wolf tracks. I hunted w/ my friend in the morning whom did the calling at several sets and learned a lot but nothing. His back was hurting after the snowmobile ride, then a long walk on snowmobile trail and the last 150-200yds in knee deep snow did him in. That afternoon i had my son drop me off from the snowmobile in an area where a month ago was lousy w/ wolf sign. I did 4 calling sets in a mile stretch and there wasn't a track of anything larger than a weasel. It was a beautiful day and to be out on snowshoes in a thin wool shirt, white painters suit and carrying my pump 30-06 was a great feeling. I honestly had no expectations of any luck the first day but figured the second day I would find the deer/wolves and have a chance. Unfortunately there wasn't another day

20-Mar-21

dupontcheesepy12's embedded Photo
dupontcheesepy12's embedded Photo
Lol

• Sitka Gear