Treeline 27-Feb-21
Highway Star 28-Feb-21
otcWill 28-Feb-21
KHunter 28-Feb-21
Flincher 01-Mar-21
aboks 04-Mar-21
Billyvanness 05-Mar-21
26-Feb-21
Can anyone provide info or experience with public lands access in unit 3 for lopers? The harvest stats look good, but wondering if everything is on private ground. Not looking for locations, just a general feel of animal distribution on public ground.

26-Feb-21
As a resident, it use to take 1 PP, then 2, then 3. I have drawn that unit twice with 4 PP during the past 8 years.. Last year I applied with four and did not draw and my hunting partner did not also. So now it takes 5 PPs. I have killed two bucks but both on private and over water. 3-301's pronghorn population is not what is use to be but we saw a fair amount on private where where is some agriculture crops.

26-Feb-21
We use to rifle hunt that unit every year. Lots of Pronghorn, lots of public land. When it started taking 2 or more points we stopped. The quality was not worth the points, or at least that is what we thought. We now play the points game on a much better quality areas. After we / I spend my points, I'm done playing and will try unit 3 again.

27-Feb-21
Last year was horrible in 3. Hardly any antelope. Even finding a doe was tough! Hopefully better this year.

28-Feb-21
I am not sure what you are looking for but there are some wildlife areas in unit 3 and a lot of public land. You can draw a doe tag with no points. Also a lot of private if you want to pay fee. Scott

28-Feb-21
I drew in the hybrid this past season. Killed a good buck and saw a couple others. Distribution is sporadic. I found a general area that held fair numbers. I had a good hunt and thought it hunted generally a bit better than what it "reads".

28-Feb-21
Paul, I will see you in 3 this year. Maybe not literally if you are on pvt ground but will draw it.

01-Mar-21
Hunted unit 3 last year with rifle. Found several goats in the NW corner of the unit, very few goats elsewhere. Be aware that a lot of private ground is not fenced and some landowners were enforcing no trespassing. I used OnX Hunt Maps to help navigate the public and private land. I never saw any real trophy quality bucks, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

04-Mar-21
I hunted it 3 years ago and my son bow hunted it last year. Im not sure if they had hard winters in between or not, but we probably saw 1/2 the goats as before. We sat a few different water holes for 8 days and the best goat was probably 12" with average mass that we passed on the 2nd morning anticipating better opportunities. The ranchers we talked to were thrilled, apparently they don't care for them much, but still want an arm and leg for private access...

05-Mar-21
I’ve hunted 3/301 6 times in last 10 years between drawing and buying tags. It was a great archery hunt for lopes 10 years ago but has creeped into not so good the last couple years. I enjoy it because I know that area but quality and quantity takes a step down every year. Not sure why

• Sitka Gear