Jaquomo 03-Mar-21
>>>---WW----> 03-Mar-21
ColoradoHunter 06-Mar-21
Woobie 09-Mar-21
Paul@thefort 09-Mar-21
2xLung 16-Mar-21
bill v 17-Mar-21
01-Mar-21
Of those that have used a bow/or gun attached decoy (turkey, deer, elk, pronghorn,etc,) have you had any close/negative encounters of being mistaken for the real animal/bird by another bow or gun hunter, hunting that same species?? Just, a NO or a YES

The reason I am asking this question is, this subject of attaching a decoy to a bow/gun is an issue being presented to the Colorado CPW Commission by a Commission member. The issue paper shows that there has been no negative encounters but believes the Safety of the hunter might be a issue and wants to prevent any future accidents.

The alternative are,

1. Ban the use of decoys attached to bow /gun

2. ban statewide

3. ban only on public land

3. hunter must wear Hunter Orange hat.

4 Status Quo. NO regulation

01-Mar-21
No

01-Mar-21
No. but I see two different issues here, one being a bowhunter and the other being a gun hunter. At closer distances it would be possibly easier to distinguish between a decoy with hunter behind it, at 20 to 30 yds, but at 200 to 400 yds looking thru a scope when a hunter is in brush is it possible to tell it's a decoy with a hunter behind? I would question whether these two should be separated. Bowhunting restriction verses rifle restrictions. Doesn't,t seem right to combine these two into one law.

01-Mar-21
no

01-Mar-21
no

01-Mar-21
No

01-Mar-21
No

01-Mar-21
No, bad idea

01-Mar-21
No

01-Mar-21
NO

1. Who is the Commissioner? Have they EVER hunted? Who is whispering in their ear?

2. How many Gun mounted decoys are in existence? None because that would be insane!!!!

3. How many accidents have happened?

01-Mar-21
No. And I want an elk and deer decoy. I'm guessing they'll be outlawed tho as a violation of the fair chase ethos.

01-Mar-21
No.

There are so many things they need to do. Mostly to fix their previous mistakes with the bow hunting seasons and overlap.

Why are they wasting time on this BS?

01-Mar-21
No.

There are so many things they need to do. Mostly to fix their previous mistakes with the bow hunting seasons and overlap.

Why are they wasting time on this BS?

02-Mar-21
No

03-Mar-21
Maybe the CBA should offer a compromise: ban gun-mounted decoys but keep bow-mounts.

This reminds me of when Diana Degette was explaining detachable firearm magazines in front of a big group of sheriffs. She said that after a magazine is emptied, it is useless and out of circulation because "magazines are ammunition". The sheriffs all started laughing, and one suggested she learn something about firearms before introducing bills to regulate them.

03-Mar-21
Doesn't much matter either way. Attach it to a walking stick and you're all set and still legal.

06-Mar-21
No

09-Mar-21
No my god.

I only say "my god" because I swear there is a group with influence who's goal it is to screw over bow hunters. Is the CBA still needing a BOD member for metro-west? I received a PM about it when I last inquired but cannot find the PM anymore.

09-Mar-21
Robert, contact the CBA Chair, find his phone # in the CBA magazine. I am sure he can put you to work in some position. Paul

16-Mar-21
This issue is baseless. I'd encourage folks to comment by emailing [email protected] your comments NLT 17 Mar 21.

17-Mar-21
I just bought one. It comes with orange straps that go on the ears

• Sitka Gear