JohnMC 01-Mar-21
Orion 01-Mar-21
txhunter58 01-Mar-21
Cheesehead Mike 01-Mar-21
txhunter58 01-Mar-21
Cheesehead Mike 01-Mar-21
oldgoat 02-Mar-21
01-Mar-21
If I have 6 PP now and put in for a LE unit will I have 6 or 7 at the draw? In other words are this years PP added before the draw or after an unsuccessful draw?

01-Mar-21
After

01-Mar-21
My bad wrong ziek

01-Mar-21
Why don’t you tell him how you really feel!

And he isn’t from Colorado

Zeke: you wil have 6 points PLUS one chance for this year, so a total of 7 chances to draw. However you will be in the 6 points category in this draw. The 7th point would only be awarded after the drawing for a this year, if unsuccessful

01-Mar-21
txhunter58, I'm not sure what you're saying when you say he'll have "7 chances to draw".

You don't have multiple chances to draw your first choice in Colorado. You only get one chance to draw your first choice. Tags are allotted to those who have the most preference points until tags are gone. If there are not enough tags for everybody with a certain number of preference points to draw a tag, the applicants go into a random draw. Those who are selected draw the tag and the remainder earn another preference point.

For example: Hypothetically, say he applies with 6 points. First, tags are allotted to the applicants with the most preference points. Then let's say that after everybody with more than 6 points is awarded a tag there are 30 tags remaining but there are 100 applicants with 6 points. Those 100 applicants go into a random drawing for the 30 remaining tags. In this example, each applicant has a 30% chance of drawing a tag. Each applicant only has one chance at drawing a tag.

Applicants with 5 or fewer preference points have ZERO chance of drawing one of those tags because the tags were all allotted to applicants with 6 or more preference points. Applicants with 5 points to not have 5 chances to draw one of those tags. Same for those with 4, 3, 2, 1 preference points.

01-Mar-21
LOL.

You are correct. I think having just applied to Utah I had a brain fart. What I said was true of BONUS points in states like Utah. But these points are just preference points.

So you do indeed only get one chance to draw, but you get preference over people with less preference points

Thanks for pointing out my glaring error :-).

01-Mar-21
No worries Tex :-)

I figured you must have been thinking of Utah or maybe Montana...

02-Mar-21
Yeah, I was like, is Zeke getting senile, different Zeke

• Sitka Gear