keepemsharp 04-Mar-21
TwoDogs@work 04-Mar-21
kscowboy 04-Mar-21
Catscratch 04-Mar-21
writer 04-Mar-21
03-Mar-21

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Well out working on the ground today and felt the bite. Dang ticks. Time to treat the clothes again. Pretty early for me to be getting into ticks. Generally not till Mid April for me.

03-Mar-21
I got one a few days ago while out shed hunting. Only in Kansas can it be -15 one week and ticks crawling on you the next week

03-Mar-21
That’s one thing I dislike the most up there is them little bastards. What is the safest thing I can use but still keep them off? I’m not a huge fan of spraying chemicals on myself.

04-Mar-21
Treat your clothes with permethrin. Sold at most Walmarts

04-Mar-21
What Matte said. It works. Just follow directions and avoid getting it directly on your skin.

04-Mar-21
Thanks guys...I’m going to get some of that. Just read about it and I like how it works after drying. Always just used Off but never did like the strong smell and it seemed to make me feel a little funky.

04-Mar-21
Some really worry about skin contact but you can put it on your dog?

04-Mar-21
Dave, I have always wondered about the no skin contact. I know it is used for cattle, dogs and cats. I have just always avoided skin contact per the directions.

04-Mar-21
Careful with the cats. It is toxic to them in even small doses.

04-Mar-21
I do a yearly treatment with permethrin like Matte said. I mix it in a 1 gallon sprayer and treat all of my families clothes sometime before mushroom season. Lay them out in the yard and spray them all down at the same time. The left over mix gets sprayed around the grassy part of the dog's kennel, or around the foundation of the house.

Yes, it's used on livestock and there is even a topical for human use. I still steer clear of getting it on me (wet).

04-Mar-21
Directions say treat every six weeks. I do it monthly. Also buy clothing pre-treated.

• Sitka Gear