writer 09-Mar-21
crestedbutte 23-Mar-21
be still 23-Mar-21
Thornton 24-Mar-21
MDW 27-Mar-21
06-Mar-21

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
The KBA will be working on timber stand improvement on a portion of the property consisting of girdling and hinge cutting. Our goal is to kill all hedge and locust trees in a corridor and leave all other trees. ATV's will be allowed for this project. Pack a lunch and drinks. Come join us for the fun!

Location: Fall River Wildlife Area near Climax, KS at the Fall River Wildlife Area office located at 1739 80th St.

Time: 8am that Saturday morning.

Questions or Concerns call Greg Babcock-KBA Conservation Chairman (785) 531-1829 or Bo Westerfield-Public Wildlife Mgr. (785) 260-3722

06-Mar-21
Jason: lots of folks don't know that next week is the bunny hunt?

06-Mar-21
E-mail blast about the event was sent out to all members that have provided an e-mail and also posted to both the KBA Facebook page and KBA website forum. The event has also been listed on the back cover of the Jan-Feb. 2021 KBA magazine. Plenty of folks should know now.

07-Mar-21
Thanks for keeping us all up to date JW, appreciated!

08-Mar-21
Too bad couldn't basal spray them in early fall,alot easier than girdling

08-Mar-21
Hinge cutting has a lot of benefits to wildlife that a chemical kill will not provide.

I’ve seen hinge cut trees live for a couple of years believe it or not.

09-Mar-21
One part remedy and 3 parts diesel sprayed around the bottom foot of the trunk on locust trees that aren't over about 8 inches across does a really good job of killing them and it can be done any time of the year. I have killed hundreds of them with it.

09-Mar-21
Thats what I spray locust with.I agree on hinge cutting,I open up alot of cover every year with it.I have the best luck with elm and hackberry

09-Mar-21
A lot of the time a hinge cut tree will survive and resprout. This can be a good or a bad thing, depending upon your objectives.

09-Mar-21
Good information here. Thanks.

I’m needing to kill some sizable standing hackberry.

Recommendations, please?

23-Mar-21
Just a reminder to you weekend warriors out there, come out to Fall River WA this Saturday for some manly outdoor conservation activities...or stay home and be a wuss and watch Baylor play in NCAA tourney, YAWN!

23-Mar-21
You mean to tell me they actually have manly activities up there in Kansas? I always thought that went away when you crossed the Red River...headed north that is;?)

24-Mar-21
I vote you guys go cut all the invasive trees out of the pastures at Fall River. The land manager is doing a poor job of his job bt allowing hedge trees to grow everywhere and overgrazing other parts.

27-Mar-21
Only had 8 people show up, but we put the hurt on a lot of hedge trees. Chainsaw a ring around each one then squirt it full of chemical. Don't know if anyone had time to take pictures?

• Sitka Gear