Mountain Lion
Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
Yote hunter 07-Mar-21
wytex 08-Mar-21
Old trad guy 09-Apr-22
HunterWY 11-Jul-22
07-Mar-21
A couple buddies and myself are looking at coming to Wyoming next December to chase mountain lions with our own dogs, just wondering if anyone can point us to a unit with ample public land and decent lion numbers. Or if anyone else has some pointers for first timers out there. Thanks

08-Mar-21
Access could be iffy but the Snowies have good numbers , as does most of the state. You will need to check female quotas and make sure areas have not closed but Dec. is kind of early for closures. I would look at area near NF boundaries, BLM and state lands perhaps just below the mountains and in wintering big game areas. You don't need timber for the big cats. Might check to see if any outfitters have areas for their concessions before you come to that area, check with local NF office or BLM office.

09-Apr-22
Most non residents hunt the black hills areas. The terrain is less scary and there are lots of cats and roads. There is a nonresident quoto in area 1 that will be filled by Dec. The other areas nearby are good. Dan White Check the maps and you'll see why nonres hunters like it

11-Jul-22
Have been on and killed multiple cats in wyoming. PM me for details.

• Sitka Gear