Jack Whitmrie jr 01-Apr-21
babysaph 01-Apr-21
David Mitchell 04-Apr-21
babysaph 04-Apr-21
David Mitchell 05-Apr-21
Babysaph 05-Apr-21
Jack Whitmrie jr 05-Apr-21
08-Mar-21
I saw this post this morning on another forum. Many of you may remember Steve--he often attended traditional shoots and made custom bow strings. I first met him at ATAR several years ago. Whether you know him or not, this fellow archer needs prayer. Thanks

Steve has been struggling with after affects from covid. Double pneumonia. I would really like everyone to lift Steve up in the prayers . This was a post from Steve a few hours ago.

I dunno but it’s getting pretty rough. Scary rough. I have so much lung destruction from this Covid it has left me on 30 liters of oxygen and the inability to stand for more than about 15 seconds. When I sit down it takes me at least 3 or 4 minutes to stabilize. I have absolutely no reserves. I had some severe leg cramps just a short while ago and my oxygen dropped into the low 80’s. My legs kept cramping and I was panicking for several minutes until I could clear the cramps. I’m being transferred to a level 1 hospital in Pittsburgh but we are waiting on a bed.

I just wanted to thank everyone for your friendship through the years. I’ve made 100’s of great friends and that has been a lot of fun meeting those people at archery shoots or trapping conventions etc.

If you pray I ask you pray now. I’m not sure where my road leads to.

08-Mar-21
Prayers sent .

08-Mar-21
Done

08-Mar-21
Prayers for Steve!??????

08-Mar-21
Those were praying hands, not question marks. My fault.

09-Mar-21
Prayers

09-Mar-21
I been chatting with Steve during this time of his fight with Covid, he could definitely use our prayers!

09-Mar-21
I saw this update on Steve this morning. The move to Pittsburgh has been put off for now. He is in ICU on a Bi-pap machine to assist his breathing. Steve is a nurse and was scheduled for the vaccine but they had delayed it due to knee surgery he was having. He had returned to limited work after surgery.

09-Mar-21
Prayers

11-Mar-21
I've never met him (I don't think) but God knows all about him and his every need. Prayers.

14-Mar-21
This was posted today on another forum where there is a lot of concern for Steve:

"I got a message from Steve today. Still not doing well. Can't get out of bed. Can't get air. No improvement."

14-Mar-21
Best wishes

15-Mar-21
More prayers sent

19-Mar-21
Steve's brother posted this update:

My brother Steve has been moved to Pittsburgh West Penn hospital. Still in ICU. No real progress on the pneumonia. They are doing a lung sample today to see if there are other antibiotics they can give him. He's still sedated....Don't know about the ECMO option yet. The hospital apparently doesn't have the machine so we'll have to see how he does. Please continue prayers for him.

22-Mar-21
The most recent update on Steve...His sister has reported that they have him in a drug-induced coma to better manage keeping his lungs open and working. Prayers are needed for sure for our brother.

24-Mar-21
From Steve's brother.....This is the most recent update on Steve!!!They did take him out of quarantine so we can go see him tonight. They are calling in the family tomorrow. It’s getting close ... I’m going to the funeral home tomorrow to talk to them just in case. We’ll be making some hard decisions tomorrow. They are planning to take him off the vent and see if he’ll breath on his own. They couldn’t even prone him to his back because he started to crash. So he’s been on his stomach for two full days. Which isn’t good. We plan to tell them to remove the vent likely Thursday or Friday. He’s not eligible for ECMO because of the fibrosis and thickening of the lung tissue. Too much damage. We know there’s nothing more to do. So if we are going to get a miracle it will be when they remove the vent. Worse days of my life will be the next few. My brother is my best friend. Please continue praying.

24-Mar-21
Continued prayers

24-Mar-21
Best wishes

25-Mar-21
Steve messaged me right before they took him to Pittsburg , prayers continue.

26-Mar-21
Here is some news...it was on Steve’s page on FB. Posted by his sister. “I’ve been asked to post here to update about my brother Steve Smith who has been battling post Covid pneumonia. He is hospitalized in Pittsburgh after being moved from his workplace, Weirton General Hospital. He was also in West Penn hospital. He is now in Allegheny General also in Pittsburgh. He’s in ICU and not doing well. His lungs are now fibrous and damaged terribly. The doctors met with our family yesterday. They have him highly sedated in a medical coma. His other major organs are functioning. The doctors will be trying to ween him off the sedatives a little at a time to try to do trials to come off the ventilator. He may not be able tolerate it yet so this could go on for some time. Please continue to pray for him and a miracle for healing. Our family appreciates every post and prayer. He’s my best friend I need him to come back to us. Please feel free to message me. Kelly McFadden -Steve’s sister.”

26-Mar-21
Continued prayers

26-Mar-21
Very sad. Will pray for him and his family.

27-Mar-21
Continued prayers

29-Mar-21
Steve's sister posted this today--it was on Stickbow:

Steve's sister posted this today. "Steve Smith We have had much better news since my last post here. Steve is not coming off the ventilator any time soon. He is being slowly- very slowly- decreased on medication. He can stay on the ventilator as long as needed until a major organ fails (heart, kidneys, liver). So we have time for healing. At this time he is stable. He can hear us. I have been reading names and posts to him. Again we thank you so much for lifting him in prayer???? Kelly -sister"

01-Apr-21

Jack Whitmrie jr's embedded Photo
Jack Whitmrie jr's embedded Photo
From Steve's sister on Facebook: Steve Smith update. I don’t know anyone who has bought and sold more Bear bows than Steve. This picture reflects his passion for it. Thank you for the ongoing support as he fights for his life. Please keep flooding him with prayers and/or positivity. Pray also that he qualifies for a lung transplant. It’s not too late. There’s still time. Y’all are amazing! Thank you! Here’s the latest from his sister, Kelly. “So appreciate your prayers. We have another family meeting tomorrow. He was not eligible for lung transplant at UPMC but they have a request in at Johns Hopkins too. I doubt he'll be eligible there either because of his lymphoma prior. He's not really responding to coming off the vent any. We will see what happens tomorrow at the meeting. Just sad... keep praying please. Sister-Kelly

01-Apr-21
More prayers sent

04-Apr-21
This is from Steve's sister from Facebook......It is with a heavy heart I am posting that Monday our family will be removing care and the ventilator from Steve. We are taking advice from several doctors on his team. Steve’s wishes were not be on a ventilator if there was no hope of recovery and breathing on his own. He’s been denied for a lung transplant at two other hospitals. Having previous cancer did not help. His lungs can not absorb enough oxygen to sustain him. Please pray for our family. We are heartbroken. Our last hope is a true Easter miracle. Please especially pray for my mother. No one should have to bury their child. I will post service information once we know what’s going on. I would personally like to thank everyone for the prayers and stories about my wonderful brother. Kelly Sue Mcfadden and the Smith family.

04-Apr-21
Saw that earlier. Prayers sent. So sad

05-Apr-21
from Steve's sister~ My brother Steve Smith passed peacefully today surrounded by love. We will be posting information about services as soon as things are finalized. Thank you so very much for all your prayer and support. He’s with our heavenly father and at peace.

05-Apr-21
I’m so sorry to hear that. Continued prayers for the family.

05-Apr-21
Will pray for the family.

• Sitka Gear