Mathews Inc.
HSUS wants to ban live box trapping
Colorado
Contributors to this thread:
Paul@thefort 11-Mar-21
Orion 16-Mar-21
11-Mar-21
To: CPW Commission, CPW Director

Subject: Commission meeting, March 17th 2021, Issue 19, Citizen Petition, by HSUS “requesting that all (recreational) trapping, including the use of live traps, be prohibited.”

Date: March 10th, 2021

By: Paul Navarre, Ft. Collins Colorado, a 30 year resident of Colorado and avid hunter/fisher.

CPW Commissioners,

I highly recommend that you DENY this HSUS petition from moving forward.

I and my fellow hunters and trappers are very concerned that the long held traditions of hunting and trapping are being eroded; eroded by those group and organizations like HSUS, those that eventually want to eliminate these activities in part or in whole.

These organizations/groups will use any and all methods, like ballot initiatives or citizens petitions to circumvent CPW staff recommendations or Commission findings and policies.

Stand up for Colorado hunters and trappers and deny this petition. Stand up and support the decision of the prior DOW, now CPW Commission that allows the use of box traps for recreational purposes. Stand up for the recommendations from the CPW Director and staff.

DENY this HSUS petition to ban the use of live traps for recreational purposes. Help protect the hunting/trapping heritage of Colorado.

16-Mar-21
Last day to email

• Sitka Gear