Bow Bullet 05-Apr-21
oldgoat 05-Apr-21
Glunt@work 05-Apr-21
oldgoat 05-Apr-21
Bourque77 06-Apr-21
Bourque77 06-Apr-21
11-Mar-21

Glunt@work's Link
Big Thompson Bowhunters 3D shoot March 27 at the Dennis Hansen range at Lon Hagler lake in Loveland.

22-Mar-21
Bowhunters, this Saturday (March 27) the Big Thompson Bowhunters are having a 3D shoot in Loveland. Weather is supposed to be sunny and in the mid 50's. Great opportunity to get some practice in before turkey season. We hope you'll come out and support us.

27-Mar-21
Had a great time today. Thanks BTB!

28-Mar-21
Sorry, wanted to attend, but had family commitments. Any more 3D shots coming up?

Do you have to be a member yo shoot at the Lon Hagler Archery range or can I pay a daily shooting fee. Thanks. Ken

28-Mar-21
Range is free to the public. Maintained by the Big Thompson Bowhunters and if you join its a big help with the costs of the range.

28-Mar-21
I live in Aurora so I do not know how often I will be able get up there. How much is it annually to join. Any more shoots scheduled? Thanks.

28-Mar-21

Glunt@work's Link
I don't know the dates but should be 2-3 more shoots. No need to be a member, coming up to a shoot helps out as well. I believe $30 to join. I think I'm actually expired at the moment :^). Son had the State hockey tournament so I missed the shoot as well.

28-Mar-21
Can you post them here. Thanks. Ken

29-Mar-21
Ken, the BTB will be having one more shoot on April 24th. Registration starts @ 9. Shooting starts @ 10. Cost: BTB members - $15, non-members - $25. We typically give out Scheels gift cards for the top 2 shooters. An annual membership is currently $30 for a family. You can got to Bigthompsonbowhunters.org for more info or check out our FaceBook page. The website is a little outdated and we are in the process of updating it but you can still find some of the most current events there. Hope to see you in April!

Also, the 3D shoot that was held this past Saturday was our BIGGEST shoot ever! We estimated approximately 120 shooters! We understand there were some minor issues and we plan on taking steps to address those. We saw a lot of new faces and appreciate you all coming out to support the BTB.

Matt

29-Mar-21
Technically, while there are no day use fees, using the range is not free. Because the range is in the Lon Hagler SWA, you must have a small game license or the new SWA pass to use the range.

05-Apr-21
Bow Bullet.... just want to address your comment. Yes, you must have a pass, hunting or fishing license to access the SWA but the BTB does not collect any $$ from that. Your are correct, the range is not free. The BTB is a non-profit which relies entirely on funds from memberships and donations to maintain the archery range, which is approximately $10K a year. The BTB averages 150 members. A yearly membership is a measly $30. The BTB brings in roughly $4,500 a year on memberships. The remaining $5k is collected through donations, shoots and other fundraisers. BTB volunteers also spend hundreds of hours on maintaining the range, promoting 3D shoots, and working with local organizations and youth groups. Unfortunately, there are those that use the archery range and never contribute anything towards it. If you're a member or you frequently donate to the BTB, thank you! If you're not a member, we hope you consider joining. Without the continued support of those few, the archery range would not exist. Again, you are correct, the range is not free. It costs a lot to keep it up and running for ALL to use. Respectfully, Matt Hansen BTB Board Member

05-Apr-21
Yes Matt, I'm a BTB member and know BTB has nothing to do with the SWA fee. I should have been clear that I was responding to kluzakd's question whether you have to be a member or pay a daily fee to shoot at the range and Glunt's response that the range is free to the public.

05-Apr-21
Is Leatherneckgrandpa still kicking, he used to always post on these btb threads

05-Apr-21
He's busy working on the range!!

05-Apr-21
Good!

06-Apr-21
Bow Bullet.. Thanks for the clarification and thank you for your support. Hope to see you at the April shoot. Oldgoat... yeah, he's still kicking. LOL Think his computer had a virus and he had to take it in for repairs. Not sure if he's got it fixed yet. He has been spending his time between the range, work and of course this time of year, fishing! Cheers!

06-Apr-21
Yeah, he's still around. Ain't seen his obit in the local paper, so he must be hangin' out somewhere close by.

• Sitka Gear