nehunter 31-Mar-21
longbeard 01-Apr-21
Brian M. 01-Apr-21
air leak 01-Apr-21
GF 01-Apr-21
Thisismyhandle 01-Apr-21
NoobHunter860 04-Apr-21
11-Mar-21
Wondering if anyone has any tips specifically for bow hunting turkeys this spring?

11-Mar-21
Wondering if anyone has any tips specifically for bow hunting turkeys this spring?

11-Mar-21
Draw when they are behind a tree, fanned out, or use a blind. You won't get away with movement like deer hunting. The damn things don't hold still either. Getting a shot at a single is doable, when it brings friends, that's a lot of eyes that see everything.

11-Mar-21
I’m gonna try it. I may switch to gun if I get too frustrated.

11-Mar-21
Aim for the head so it's a clean miss or dead instead of a body shot and a lost wound

11-Mar-21
Aim for the head so it's a clean miss or dead instead of a body shot and a lost wound

12-Mar-21
yes

12-Mar-21
I was lucky enough to take 3 toms with a bow, but I haven't chased birds for a few years now. Aiming for the head and drawing when they are blocked out is great advice. It's a great challenge, so good luck.

14-Mar-21
Thanks guys I’m excited to try it out I know preferred method is Shotgun but I like challenges.

14-Mar-21
Thanks guys I’m excited to try it out I know preferred method is Shotgun but I like challenges.

15-Mar-21
I found it helpful to shoot reduced draw weight to draw and stay drawn for a longer time until the shot presented itself. Until recently I used an old Mathews MQ 32 . Circumstances necessitate hunting now with a Xbow which I can keep drawn for a really long time, lol. Turkey and coyote with a bow are IMHO two top N.E. trophies. Best of luck

15-Mar-21
Don’t over call . I have gotten 6 with the bow but haven’t gone a some years . Maybe try-this year

15-Mar-21
Don’t over call . I have gotten 6 with the bow but haven’t gone a some years . Maybe try-this year

31-Mar-21
I’m gettin antsy lol when out did some owl calls last week got a few hoots back, heard a hen call but I assumed it was another person until I walked clear to the other side of the parcel and heard the same thing.

31-Mar-21
I’m gettin antsy lol when out did some owl calls last week got a few hoots back, heard a hen call but I assumed it was another person until I walked clear to the other side of the parcel and heard the same thing.

31-Mar-21
Came home from setting some beaver traps today around 2:30. Three big toms in a field adjoining my hunting property. Suppose I should go get my permit signed. lol.

31-Mar-21
They've been strutting for some time now. Can't wait to smoke some up.

31-Mar-21
Don't shoot at them sideways, it's hard to penetrate the wings.

31-Mar-21
Rackem. I've never had any issues with broadside shots.

Speaking of that issue... Do you guys use BH's that aren't designed for pass through or just zip em right on thru?

Spring season I use those Spitfire expandables and Fall I'm just Deer hunting and use Slick Trick's.

Like some have hooks ground in the blades or NAP spitfires have rounded points?

01-Apr-21
I use whatever I have in my quiver. Never been an issue. To be totally transparent though, I’m not a big fan of hunting turkeys with a bow.

01-Apr-21
The only one I've killed with bow was a 3 blade Snuffer. I'll be using Zwickey Eskimos this season, that's what is on my woodies. I don't hunt turkeys without a string tracker now. I'll be using my recurve.

01-Apr-21
I love bow hunting, but I use my 870 for spring turkeys.

01-Apr-21
If I were going to give it a shot… I would probably go with one of those big guillotine heads. I don’t think my skeet gun would be a very good choice, and if I were to get a shot, I would just as soon know exactly where I wanted to be holding.

Just seems like I’ve read too many stories of lost turkeys with archery gear.

01-Apr-21
I’m switching to wasp jakhammers for Turkey this year. 1 3/4” cutting width, I definitely need a broadside shot.

04-Apr-21
I’m going with wasp also from now on since they are local, yes I’m a hipster. I know how people feel about archery Turkey hunting ( shoulda seen the guys reaction at the state park when I told him). But I didn’t start Huntin last year for ease I needed the challenge. I’m up to it and ready to fail but I hope for the best. Found some good sign yesterday and bumped two deer bedded while doing so if anyone wants to get together for a archery Turkey hunt this season and work together to call and get tags filled let me know!

• Sitka Gear