smokey 14-Mar-21
DeerBadge 15-Mar-21
Live2Hunt 15-Mar-21
RUGER1022 15-Mar-21
DeerBadge 16-Mar-21
WausauDug 26-Mar-21
Novice 30-Mar-21
11-Mar-21
Where is groundhunter? I am missing his springtime sportsman rummage sale updates.

12-Mar-21
the last I heard something upset him on the site and he was staying off. You can PM him if you want.

12-Mar-21
I'm getting ready to leave the site for awhile. Between the Covid thing & losing the wife its been a long lonely winter & I have spent too much time on the " Puter " . I have probably become a nuisance .

I'm sure G H has his reasons .I did do a study 4 months ago . I found about 30 guys that no longer post or visit Bowsite. 5 of them told me they switched to Crossbows. I know of 3 others that have switched but still post here & avoid the subject . I'm sure there's others .

I'm 75 with a bad shoulder & creeky elbow . I "ll mentor, coach , & guide when I can't shoot . But I still think all hunters need to unite to protect our hunting .

12-Mar-21
Ruger, do you still have your shop? I am always thinking I will stop in when I am in the area, but I am not sure if you still are in the business etc.

12-Mar-21
Always enjoyed GH and his posts.

Ruger: dont leave the site. I enjoy reading your posts as well and seeing you out in the field. I think Wi forum would be about dead without your contributions this winter. I'm sorry to hear about your wife too. No reason for a young guy like myself to offer any advice but I think your doing the right thing by keeping busy.

12-Mar-21
I also enjoyed following your late season adventurers this winter. Even got a few good laughs. I also miss GH's post on here. Hope you change your mind.

12-Mar-21
Ruger I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I had no idea that that had happened. I wish you well. Greg

12-Mar-21
Ruger very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers sent for you.

12-Mar-21
Deerbadge , I work out of the Garage but I have alot of " goodies " During this Covid winter I have helped 7 Bowsiters with guns , ammo & arrows at very reasonable prices. Let me know if you need anything .

Thanks for the kind words . Its been a long 15 months but I'm starting to recover . Whacked a Coyote last nite & was singing Hookers & Beer while skinning it .

13-Mar-21
I hope he's well.

Ruger, definitely not a nuisance!

13-Mar-21
Ruger....I wish I had half your energy, determination and dedication to the outdoors, you make me feel like a schlep....lol. You`re a valued member as was GH.

I also agree this Xbow nonsense is destroying us and making others feel unwelcome. It`s not my cup of tea but I could care less what weapon others use. For me it`s about the outdoors and the sport of hunting.

"Divide and conquer" will be the death of us all.

13-Mar-21
Condolences on your loss Ruger.

13-Mar-21
Ruger, Groundhunter had good words to say about you today. He was at the trad shoot. He is looking well, feeling well and doing well. He also said he got banned from the Bowsite by Phil for referring to someone on the main board as a "liberal moron". I've heard worse than that over there. He stops in and checks the Wisconsin board so he's up to date as to what is happening here. Wish him well.

13-Mar-21
"He also said he got banned from the Bowsite by Phil"

Not shocking as Phil has always been quick with the ban hammer. Well for some.

14-Mar-21
Whoever phil is. He sounds overly sensitive for a moderator and just because I don't care. Wisconsin forum sends him two large middle fingers on my behalf. LoL

Glad GH is well! Please mention that Noc says hello and that I miss his posts. Or even better, tell him to join in under a new name? It wouldn't be the first time someone has. The only difference would him openly admitting to coming back under a different handle. Wisconsin forum gladly invites him back.

14-Mar-21
Ruger,

sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences. Keep posting, I enjoy what you put on the site.

15-Mar-21
Ruger, Sorry to hear about your loss, my condolences. I enjoy your posts, along with GH and I also miss Trappers postings. We are in some very sad days right now in our country and it is nice to hear peoples thoughts on things without getting the boot from this site. Do not get me wrong there a couple of people that got what they deserved when they got the boot, but it seems like for everyone that deserves the boot, two that do not get the boot also. Ruger I am not need of anything per say, I just was going to stop by sometime to see what you had at the shop, but now the "garage":) I like to support people I know that the big sporting good stores in the world.

15-Mar-21
For calling someone a Liberal Moron? Don't those words belong together in the dictionary?

15-Mar-21

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Deerbadge , All bowsiters are welcome anytime . This is part of tbe archery wall & theres the gun wall plus the fishing wall .

16-Mar-21
Thanks Ruger, nice setup:)

26-Mar-21
Ruger i think that you need to keep hunting however you can. There is no issue using a crossbow if you have too. We would be a sorry bunch if our older or hunters w/ injuries feel any shame coming on here. We all do things a little different. I'm most proud of my public big woods bucks I've shot still hunting w/ the gun over bow bucks in farm country.

30-Mar-21
Glenn, sorry for your loss. Appreciate all your and GH's experience and posts.

• Sitka Gear