Nocturnal II 15-Mar-21
Boomer1 15-Mar-21
Nocturnal II 15-Mar-21
Boomer1 15-Mar-21
Nocturnal II 15-Mar-21
dupontcheesepy12 20-Mar-21
retro 21-Mar-21
12-Mar-21
I have not purchased a new bow in 14 years. Instead I have maintained my Hoyt Ultrasport. I have been looking at used bows because I don’t believe in spending thousands of dollars when the sport as a whole costs so much.

I have looked at more brands then I can name. What brand would you consider?

Thanks for you input.

12-Mar-21
I have not purchased a new bow in 14 years. Instead I have maintained my Hoyt Ultrasport. I have been looking at used bows because I don’t believe in spending thousands of dollars when the sport as a whole costs so much.

I am not interested in crossbows!

Thanks for you input.

12-Mar-21

I am not interested in crossbows!

Thanks for you input.

12-Mar-21
If you are looking used then you should be able to find a nice flagship bow that’s only a couple years old from Hoyt or Mathews at a good price. I see some new carry over Elites go for good prices online as well.

12-Mar-21
I was sold on an Elite because of the amazingly smooth draw cycle. They aren’t setting any speed records, but the deer in my freezer haven’t noticed. I shoot The Ritual, and have heard good things about The Kure if you like to tweak stuff. You can tune the heck out of that bow without a press.

13-Mar-21
Greg , I just took in an Elite on trade & sold it . Nice bow . Sadly there's a bunch of nice compounds on the market because the owners are switching to crossbows .

The market is loaded with Hoyts , Mathews, & others . A friend is selling a 2 year old mathews he paid. 1300 for & wants 700. Facebook Archrty has a bunch . The bow shops that sell Crossbows have some nice trades.

That Elite is a nice bow.

13-Mar-21
If you`re a Hoyt man I have a nice bow I am selling. A like new Carbon Defiant Turbo 50-60 lb #2 cams barely used. I have a 2nd surgery on my shoulder and possible replacement. I had to use my old Elite Z28 last season....it was the only bow I could pull back. That Turbo is fast and puts pencil holes in paper....getting old blows!

14-Mar-21
I have interest in the Elites, Hoyt’s and a Mathews Triax just have not found one that is being given away yet. Lololol

15-Mar-21
I'd look at a few different manufacturers than Mathews and Hoyts. Each year I shoot most of the new flagships and the draw cycle/performance on these two are among the lowest. Sorry fanboys, you gotta try some other cook'in other than your mom's;)

15-Mar-21
To me, it was and is always to pick them up, hold them, draw them and shoot them. The bow will tell you which is the right one.

15-Mar-21
Boomer- what in the H are you talking about? I shoot Elite but Mathews has one of the best. If not the best draw cycle. Maybe your bitterness over "fanboys" has cluttered your judgment.

15-Mar-21
Noc, line them up and shoot away. Don't go in thinking one manufacturer and what other tell you. Live2Hunt has it right. And one of the best is much like "up to 330 fps". I experimented with my son a couple months ago and told him to ignore the bow. Set up 3 manufacturers flagships, two last year and one about 10 yrs old than had probably one of the best draw cycles. The old one took 3rd and Mathews didn't take the top 5. Obviously, opinions vary and how you feel it is may differ from someone else. Heck, he could have chosen a Mathews, it would have been his. There are a lot of great bows out there, most with superior performance. Mathews and Hoyt market more.

15-Mar-21
I'm not disagreeing with L2H, I'm disagreeing with you. Not about the marketing but putting mathews as a low for draw cycle is just ignorant. Thats their standout amongst anything out there and Mathews really does make superior equipment, overpriced but high-level, through and through. However I don't like the backwall on mathews. Elite has a better backwall.

15-Mar-21
Read reviews, nothing puts Mathews on a pedestal on draw cycle. It's a very good bow. Pretty hard not to find a great bow out there. My suggestion to OP is to shoot as many as you can to see which you like more unlike those who's advise is to go to the two fanboy manufacturers. Each year I shoot the new bows, when I find one I really like, I wait 1-2 years when they are trying to get rid of them for the new flagship.

15-Mar-21
Your right and I was wrong. Seems the top marketing bows from 2020 winner went to PSE. Mathews Nocam was their smooth cycle but that was how many years ago

I shoot ELITE E35 and the draw cycle is not impressive to me.

20-Mar-21
Pse since 1977.mach1 now carbon.

21-Mar-21
Every year the greatest bow ever comes out... Marketing and hype will have you chasing your tail forever. You may very well discover that none of the "flagship" bows live up to the B.S. Pick any of them and kill deer... The deer aren't impressed with your bow...

• Sitka Gear