Wisconsin
Contributors to this thread:
Buck Watcher 13-Mar-21
skookumjt 13-Mar-21
Buck Watcher 15-Mar-21
Grunter 15-Mar-21
Live2Hunt 15-Mar-21
13-Mar-21
I went for a ride around the lake yesterday with my Dad - Oneida County. We saw about a dozen deer crossing the road. One was a fork horn. Must be a easy winter for them so far.

The earliest I ever found a shed (3 points) was December 5th - while bowhunting. The latest I ever saw a buck (very big) still carrying antlers was April 14th.

13-Mar-21
I have bucks lose their horns before Christmas every year. This year I found one after gun season that I had patterned pretty well and he lost his horns the morning I set up for him. I think that was like the 22nd.

I have seen them well into March but that about it. I have heard of them as late as you however. It's amazing how much variation there is.

15-Mar-21

Buck Watcher's embedded Photo
Was out scouting/shed hunting yesterday. Pulled a camera card and it looks like I may be a little early looking for headgear. I saw this buck 3 times last fall. One time he stood 15 minutes at 50 yards. 30 yards is my max with a bow. Wished I had a xbow then. BUT what accomplishment would that be. I can't wait until bow season.

There was a pic 1 minute before with a fork horn and 1 minute after with a big deer and another 1 minute later (both no horns) . 4 bucks in a group??

15-Mar-21
That's why we use a bow, because it's difficult. Yes, bucks are together again just like spring and summer. Good luck finding those sheds!

15-Mar-21
Oh boy, first thing I did when I saw that picture was picking a spot for my zwickey delta.

• Sitka Gear