PECO 17-Mar-21
PECO 17-Mar-21
txhunter58 17-Mar-21
Mathewsphone 17-Mar-21
Glunt@work 17-Mar-21
Dirtman 18-Mar-21
standswittaknife 18-Mar-21
16-Mar-21
Looking for some vacation help. We have a condo booked for next week in Salida. We are going to go on dog sled ride and we are bringing snow shoes. We like to hike and fish , just about any outdoor activity. We fished around Leadville and buena vista last summer and had a blast. Any fishing opportunities this time of year? Any good snow shoe trails or hiking. Any help is greatly appreciated. We have week and aren’t afraid to travel a little out the way if needed!

16-Mar-21
A should have added I have two sons 10 & 12. And any good restaurants as well . We like meat! I’m sure you get what I’m saying!

16-Mar-21
A should have added I have two sons 10 & 12. And any good restaurants as well . We like meat! I’m sure you get what I’m saying!

16-Mar-21
See if Monarch Mountain has the tubing hill open. That should wear out a couple boys for a day.

17-Mar-21
Dirtman there are lots of good places to eat there. The best breakfast in town is at The Patio which in on Hwy 50. Only open for breakfast and lunch. If you like breakfast burritos you need to try a Frankie. The 1/2 order is all I can do. The Boathouse down on Ave F on the river is always good but the Baja Tacos are awesome. For wood fired pizza there is Amicas or Moonlight you can't go wrong with either one. But for a favorite of ours is over at Poncha Springs at Elevation Brewery they have some pulled pork nachos with green chili. Those things are so good.

17-Mar-21
The Fritz for a burger and truffle fries. Or drive to Buena Vista for the Eddyline Brewery and restaurant.

17-Mar-21
Moonlight Pizza, is a brewery. Great pizza and some very good authentic German style beer. They have the over hopped beer too if you like that. The caveman pizza is my go pizza. Still good ice on twin lakes. I fished Sand Lake the other day in Salida, across the road from the hospital, that lake is clear I don't think it ices over. It was fun to throw some lures with an ultra light setup. Caught some small trout, word is there are some large ones in there. The river looks fishable.

17-Mar-21
If you go to Buena Vista, be sure to stop at the Brown Dog coffee shop on the south end of town. Great coffee, breakfast burritos, treats, etc.

17-Mar-21
And you need to visit Mt Princeton hot springs!

17-Mar-21
I was there last Friday 3/12/21 not much snow around.

17-Mar-21
I think this storm mostly missed them as well.

18-Mar-21
Thanks for ideas so far!

18-Mar-21
I'm a lifer here in Salida...5th generation..PM away. The Fritz is our go to, but get there early and no more than six at a time. Ski area got hammered and will be great but call ahead if skiing as they only do it by reservation. great places to rent snowmobiles, etc...

• Sitka Gear