AZ8 21-Mar-21
creed 21-Mar-21
c3 22-Mar-21
Chuckster 22-Mar-21
Lv2hnt 25-Mar-21
c3 25-Mar-21
Lv2hnt 25-Mar-21
20-Mar-21
I changed my card to a bad number and was still drawn for my mistake pick of a late archery hunt.

When going though whatever exercise they did to get this draw done they must have gone back and found the card number I used to apply.

Now I have to use my point guard.

If anyone has used point guard, let me know how you do it?

Cheers, Pete

21-Mar-21

AZ8's Link
Unbelievable that you changed it to a bad card and still got drawn!! Just crazy! This whole draw cycle is screwed up in so many ways.

To surrender, you fill out a form and send it in along with your tag. So you’re going to have to wait until your tag comes in. I attached a link with the relevant info.

21-Mar-21
I believe point guard can only be used one time so I would be double sure you want to do this. If you really want to get out of this tag, I would bring up the fact that they did not charge the card you had on file and you shouldn't have to burn your point guard "pass" in this situation.

21-Mar-21
You can use point guard again after you draw and burn your points.

21-Mar-21
Az8 is correct. Once per species until you draw. Then you are eligible again. You can also donate to a wounded warrior type organization instead of turning your tag directly back to the department if you have purchased point guard. We have done this and they usually furnish the paperwork to submit to the department.

22-Mar-21
Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

Cheers, Pete

22-Mar-21
Thanks guys, I didn't know it "resets" after you burn your points.

25-Mar-21
c3: Pete, I help steer people through the process of using their Point Guard every year so no mistakes get made in retaining their points (and disabled veterans end up going hunting via subsequent donated tags). Feel free to send me a private message with your phone number and I'll call you to answer all your questions ... --- Tom

25-Mar-21
Thanks Tom, I'll check in when the tag arrives.

Cheers, Pete

25-Mar-21
Pete: Sent you a PM ... --- Tom

• Sitka Gear