BBB 28-Jun-21
Notme 29-Jun-21
Big Dog 29-Jun-21
Big Dog 01-Jul-21
Notme 01-Jul-21
spike78 02-Jul-21
BBB 02-Jul-21
21-Mar-21
Cleaning up in the backyard yesterday already found two ticks on me big ones just a heads up,HATE'EM

21-Mar-21
Yes they do suck. We're finding out that a lot of people are misdiagnosed with ailments when to find out that they have lyme disease. Lyme mimicks a lot of other auto immune diseases like Lupus. My wife and kids are seeing a lyme disease doctor and they are starting to feel better. The drawback is insurance doesn't cover it.

21-Mar-21
Good luck Soapdish.

21-Mar-21
advanced Lyme Dis. is bad; can be totally debilitating in certain people.

21-Mar-21
Ty

21-Mar-21
My 12 year old grandson is having a real big problem, but it's twice as worse as ticks. It's tiktoc!! :>)

21-Mar-21
Good Luck Soap!! One would figure there would be money to be had by the ins.co to cover it by now

25-Mar-21
Ticks are bad now

22-Apr-21
Be careful guys went for a scout Litchfield county and was only in woods for about a hour. When I got home and changed I had 5 ticks already embedded in me never have I Had that many In me once. Stay safe.

22-Apr-21
Damn, 5 ticks biting on you!! I've never been bitten in 52 years of being the woods for turkey, upland game, deer, hiking and scouting. ( won't mention my excursions to woods in high school and college :>)

23-Apr-21
Ticks seem active and plenty of them, got one on me from working in the yard, wife got one also. Friend doing some yard work had two on him.

24-Apr-21
Go check out Elimatick clothing. I bought some last year and will be trying it out next week for turkeys but it gets 5 star reviews. It cost me $125 for shirt, pants, and socks not too bad and well worth it if it keeps ticks off me.

26-Apr-21
My daughter took her dog for walk at a small park near her house in Plainville and called me last night to say her dog was covered with ticks, even with his flea and tick collar.

30-Apr-21
Spike, Have you tested the Elimatick duds? What's your take?

30-Apr-21
Just used them on Monday for turkey hunting and no ticks. I scouted same spot before without the tick clothes on and got a tick on me. The real test will be tomorrow as I am going to a spot loaded with ticks. I will update tomorrow.

30-Apr-21
Don't forget insect repellent on your skin; I found ticks trout fishing. Needed a brandy to calm my nerves.LOL Did some brandy shots with beer chasers in deer camp years ago. . Some old time N. Maine deer hunters introduced me to that combination and in front of the fire place on an empty stomach it's quite "relaxing".( My smooth segue from ticks to a deer related topic !)

01-May-21
Big Dog I tried them out today only hitch was it was damn cold so I wore a pair of pants over the tick pants as they are light fabric. I did see two ticks on my non treated pants but they were totally sluggish like they were dying. Once it warms up I will be able to do a real test.

01-May-21
Bog Dog - I think I will try the brandy and beer chaser trick tonight... If I want to repel ticks for 3 days, do I drink 3 of each?

02-May-21
N8, you'll repel ticks and attract chicks some of whom will be more trouble than ticks !!

17-May-21
Forgot to reply to this again. Wore my tick clothes the other day turkey hunting and zero ticks.

17-May-21
I never see ticks, permethrin spray every two weeks. I don't even take a chance without the spray.

25-May-21
I got Lyme years ago - down for a week with body aches and fever. Wear bug spray in woods always now

25-May-21
I got Lyme years ago - down for a week with body aches and fever. Wear bug spray in woods always now

26-May-21
I just spray with 3% permethrin at the beginning of the year, seems to work ok, but I know some places are loaded with ticks while others have very few. I hate them!!

13-Jun-21
I just got my Elimatick pants and shirt in the mail yesterday. I will put them to the test tomorrow. Last year my area wasn't bad. This year there seems to be a lot.

13-Jun-21

Blood's embedded Photo
It’s on his pinky knuckle. You might not see it on Bowsite because the site degrades the quality.
Blood's embedded Photo
It’s on his pinky knuckle. You might not see it on Bowsite because the site degrades the quality.
My son and I found the smallest tick I’ve ever seen today. It was crawling on his hand I had to take a picture of it on my phone and then blow it up to see it clearly. Yup. Nasty little buggers.

14-Jun-21
No wonder mice are a vector.

14-Jun-21
wow

14-Jun-21
That is a nymphal blacklegged/deer tick. They are active through till July, are very small, and as a result, are the most problematic in terms of pathogen transfer. Mice are the reservoir for the pathogens (pathogens infect and reside in the mice) and ticks then feed upon the mice and get infected themselves and/or infect previously uninfected mice. The ticks then vector the pathogens to us, our families, and our pets. Once that nymph gets a successful bloodmeal, it will fall off, molt, and become an adult that will seek a host this fall.

14-Jun-21
Dr. W., appreciate the explanation .

14-Jun-21
Just returned from Maine and the groundskeeper on the golf course next to our inn said that when he completes with morning work the bottoms of both pant legs are covered in ticks. Said he never saw so many as this year.

Doc, so the infectious part of the tick comes from the mice? I'm bit confused by your explanation above as to where the infection starts?

14-Jun-21
bbb,

Sounds to me he said that the pathogens are found in both and they exchange it whenever an infected tick feeds on an uninfected mouse or an uninfected tick feeds on an infected mouse.

16-Jun-21

SixLomaz's Link
No vaccine and no cure. The deadly Powassan virus is here in CT. Made in Canada. Good luck.

"(WFSB) – The Connecticut Department of Public Health announced on Tuesday that two residents have tested positive for Powassan virus infection.

These are the first two cases of POWV identified in the state in 2021.

The virus is spread to people through the bite of an infected tick black-legged or “deer” tick. DPH says it takes one week to one month after the bite of an infected tick to develop symptoms."

16-Jun-21
Six, I just read up on it and it's a seemingly bad one. Would value Dr. W's take on it.

16-Jun-21
It is bad. Unlike the pathogens that give you Lyme disease, babesia, and anaplasma that take 24-36 hours of feeding for them to pass on to you, the Powassan virus is found in the tick's mouthparts (as opposed to the midgut), and as a result, can be transmitted to people in 15 minutes of feeding. Fortunately, our state surveillance efforts are turning up that less than 1% of adult female blacklegged (deer) ticks are infected with Powassan. It is very rare and as a result, difficult to study. But it seems it is just a numbers game. If you get bitten by 200 ticks, 1 maybe infected with Powassan... Do tick checks and spray your clothes with permethrin.

19-Jun-21
I wore the Elimatick pants and shirt twice in the last week in the woods. I didn't find one tick on me. So far so good.

19-Jun-21
So if I buy that out fit my girl would go away...lol

21-Jun-21
too funny Notme!

21-Jun-21
Yeah that outfit is so drenched in Permethrin you can easily smell and feel it on your skin worth it though!

21-Jun-21
I wonder if you absorb a little Permethrin from this type of clothing if you have no tee shirt and are heavily perspiring or caught in the rain. Just sayin'

21-Jun-21
For some reason I had to re-register to respond to this thread?

I would never put something on that you could feel and smell the chemical,....one for my safety, and a distance second is if I can smell it, the deer will also smell it.

21-Jun-21
Bob it’s no different then spraying your own clothes I believe.

21-Jun-21
Thermacell's burns Permethrin on the pads. Inhaling the smoke probably isn't to healthy.

21-Jun-21

Rackem's embedded Photo
Rackem's embedded Photo
My clothing doesn't stink of Permethrin. I wear shorts and a t-shirt underneath to be safe. I had no problem sneaking up to this deer wearing them this morning.

22-Jun-21
I was responding to Spike's comment about how the clothes were drenched in the permethrin. And I diluted it to a 3% mixture, hang the clothes outside for days, and use that for the entire season. And you're correct about being able to get close to deer with the correct wind direction.

22-Jun-21
Sunlight can kill ya too. I firmly believe death is a definite health hazard, lol

22-Jun-21

Notme's embedded Photo
Notme's embedded Photo
If that dont beat all BD...see ya on the flip side...lol

22-Jun-21
All good BBB.

22-Jun-21
I want a monument erected for me BEFORE I die. Why do it when only notme can enjoy it?

22-Jun-21
Notme, that's where all debts are paid and all questions are answered. No mood music necessary, lol.

22-Jun-21
Allethrin, naturally found in chrysanthemum flowers, not permethrin is on a Thermacell pad.

https://wildernessinstinct.com/is-thermacell-safe-to-breathe/

22-Jun-21
Permethrin does not tend to vaporize under heat to create a zone of protection around the area. That's why Thermacell uses allethrin rather then permethrin.

WB, I bought after market pads, and they contained Permitherin. I can't find the wrapper that stated it was Permitherin.

Sorry for not getting my post 100% correct.

23-Jun-21

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/RVMvART9kb8

23-Jun-21
I think I gotta start spraying my golf clothes for ticks the way I've been hitting the ball lately :>( And I started this year shooting the 30's!! What a game!!

24-Jun-21
Notme, composing music for decomposition ? lol

24-Jun-21

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/JXTzr358o_0

28-Jun-21
Notme, I watched the vid and am now convinced it's a smoke screen for your love of classical music, lol. Do they wear black for the same reason as Johnny Cash ? There can be no logic in heavy metal dreams . At least C+W has its honky tonks, trains and women he done wrong. Heavy metal is an occult purgatory , a type of journey to the other side of our brain. Don't tell anyone but I kind of enjoyed it !

28-Jun-21

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/s9PQ7qPkluM

You got me pegged bud...lol

28-Jun-21
Now I'm really worried about you Notme!!

29-Jun-21

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/UNEDa3Hqnic

BD,it's all the same..different genere of metal evoke different emotions..rage, RAGE and RAAAAGE against the system ...minus the trains..lol

BBB,My neighbor says he can't figure me out..I leave in the morning blasting metal..return with npr and drink beer to opera..perplexing dycodamie..lol

29-Jun-21
eclectic taste in music and women......nothing wrong with that. I dunno about NPR though, lol

01-Jul-21
Anyone heard that great C+W song where the guy croons to his gal, "I want to check you for ticks"?

01-Jul-21

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/3tiPndMqxLQ

Here ya go

02-Jul-21
That’s how Notme tricks all his women ha

02-Jul-21
Notme - you gotta keep 'em guessing, and you my friend are a pro at it.

• Sitka Gear