Dale06 23-Mar-21
Stix 23-Mar-21
Ccity65 23-Mar-21
Jethro 23-Mar-21
Bandicooter 23-Mar-21
22-Mar-21

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
I got this call the other day, sounds good to me. Anyone use these here in Colorado and what have your experiences been?

22-Mar-21

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
I got this call the other day, sounds good to me. Anyone use these here in Colorado and what have your experiences been?

22-Mar-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I had one years ago, and it is a great call. One day I sat on it, and cracked the box. After that it never produced the sounds needed. One needs to chalk it but on wet or damp days the chalk can can get compromised and result in no sound. I have since purchased, chalkless box calls that are not affected by moisture and can be use in all sorts of weather.

22-Mar-21
My box call is probably pushing 40 years old and still works like a charm. However, I also use a diaphragm as well, because of its non-movement usage capability. When I started having kids, I quickly realized that side walk chalk was/is the ticket.

22-Mar-21
Great call. I would put a notch on the bottom edge every time a tag was filled with mine. Made it about 2/3 the way around base before I broke it. Most were birds I called in for others.

22-Mar-21
in addition to the one I sat on and cracked the box, my Lynch box call was two sided with 4 attached rubber bans across the paddle, that allowed the box call to be shaken and then made a tom gobble sound. I did the same as Glunt, like a gun slinger, I would notch the edge of the box to indicate the # of toms killed. You will like that call as Lynch has been making turkey call for many years (1940 the year I was born ie, 81 years) and have become a tradition with turkey hunters. Have fun with it. Paul

23-Mar-21
I’ve not really found any difference in various box calls. They work, if used properly and if the gobbler is in the mood.

23-Mar-21

Stix's embedded Photo
Stix's embedded Photo
I use an old Moss Double Tone call that is no longer made. It was made by a fella in Arizona. Has 2 blades on one side to give a distinct Lo-Hi pitch on yelps, and it does very good clucks and purrs, which are my 2 main calls to bring toms in. Yelps make them gobble and strut, but soft clucks and purrs bring them in. I've had very good success with it

23-Mar-21
I slightly misunderstood the original post. I thought he was talking about box calls, in general, and not a specific brand. Mine, I believe, is a lohman and I got it at a Gibson's (remember those?) which was a precursor to Wal-Mart. And as Dale06 commented, they work- especially if the tom is in the mood... One time I had a gobbler fly down and run full bore across a quarter mile wide meadow without stopping to me. I'm pretty certain that the type/brand of call would not have mattered.

You gotta love unpressured Merriams...

23-Mar-21
Lynch Fool Proof is an excellent sounding box. I’ve had one over 30 years.

23-Mar-21
Dropped mine last year after shooting a gobbler. Crushed it. Just got two more directly from Lynch....one is a No. 150 and the other a No. 150P. Check their website and look in "the attic" for some good deals. They also sent me three diaphragms and two of their chalk items for free.

• Sitka Gear