Live2Hunt 29-Mar-21
Helgermite 29-Mar-21
Helgermite 29-Mar-21
Trickle rut 29-Mar-21
Hoot 30-Mar-21
RUGER1022 30-Mar-21
29-Mar-21

smokey's Link
Thank you Vietnam Veterans. Today is a special day of observance but thanks every day.

29-Mar-21
Nam Vets! Have a Great Day! C 1/5 2nd. plt. Guns! SFMF! Nam 69/70! "ARIZONA TERRITORY"!

29-Mar-21
Thank You to all who served, you deserve so much more.

HF43

29-Mar-21
Wishing all my military brothers and sisters well...USMC 1965 - 1971. Semper Fi.

29-Mar-21
I must have missed this. I didn't know such a day existed. I did make it to Lambeau with two Army friends for the Welcome Home Vietnam Vets thing. Thanks for the link. "The Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017 was signed into law by 45th U.S. President Donald J. Trump, designating every March 29 as National Vietnam War Veterans Day."

"March 29 is a fitting choice for a day honoring Vietnam veterans. It was chosen to be observed in perpetuity as March 29, 1973 was the day United States Military Assistance Command, Vietnam was disestablished and also the day the last U.S. combat troops departed Vietnam. In addition, on and around this same day Hanoi released the last of its acknowledged prisoners of war. "

29-Mar-21
A grandson who is a senior in H S told me that him & his pals talk about what they will do when school is over . 1/2 are going to college & 1/2 to a trade school . He asked me if I talked about the same stuff .

I TOld him no, we talked about what military we were joining , Army , Air force , Marines or Navy .

" The only easy day was yesterday " U S N - MM - PBR 1965 - 69

29-Mar-21
Thank you to the Nam vets. My brother was over there 69, 70 & 71. The last base he was on got overrun, only a few made it alive off that hill and he was one of them. But, he was never close to the same person I new when he got back. It did take his life in a different way.

29-Mar-21
Thanks to all for your service!

29-Mar-21

29-Mar-21
I didn't know this day existed either. Thanks. I know we have national pancake day et all, hope it gets promoted more. I tried to join up out of high school to get the GI bill but a childhood accident took most of my vision in one eye so they said go away your 4-F. I offered to do something that would not put anyone in danger with no depth perception like ride a desk or buy supplies or be a radio man or something....nope. Go away and don't come back. To all of you who have served, at any time, thank you all!

30-Mar-21
Thanks to all the veterans and to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

30-Mar-21
It was a volatile time period. Riots in the schools & the streets . We didn't belong in Vietnam . It was for political reasons & a chance to try out new weaponry .

Caught a lot of crap when we got home. My favorite? 4 of us walked into a Big Boys for a burger after a nite of drinking . You could spot ex military guys very easy , polished shoes, short hair , walking proud .

As we walked pass a table of 4 hippie 's one of them said out loud , " here comes some of those army pukes now " . I grabbed the guys hair & smashed his face in his spaghetti & meatballs about 4 times . I lifted his head & said, " What ? You haven't finished your supper ? What would your mother say ? & ground his face again .

The cops showed up & took us into the parking lot . Shook hands with us & let us go . The 60's were very volatile . The good part of the sixties?

The sexual revolution, of course .

• Sitka Gear