Coyote 65 31-Mar-21
AZBUGLER 03-Apr-21
Coyote 65 07-Apr-21
Mydogmo 05-May-21
Coyote 65 07-May-21
Coyote 65 10-May-21
Coyote 65 20-May-21
31-Mar-21
The Mrs has a turkey tag and if she gets one would like to have the fan mounted. I tried many years ago and it came out badly. Anyone know a taxidermist that does them?

Terry

03-Apr-21
Terry, I’m sure just about any shop would be able to do a good job on the tail mount. Close by would be Mogollon taxidermy in Payson. I do all of my own with a kit you can buy online or at Cabelas, etc.. Fan gets cut off, cleaned of almost all meat and the salted heavily in the open position. I use tacks on cardboard or plywood to keep the fan in the open position for a week or so and then just attach to the mount.

07-Apr-21
Had not checked with Mogollon, but had a mount repaired by them and they did a super job, could not tell it fell off the wall. I was hoping someone had a favorite taxidermist that did these. Thanks for the info.

Terry

05-May-21
Just got a few ducks back... Very nice work... Southwest Wildlife in Scottsdale.... Nice guy... He gets all my future work.. ??

07-May-21
Thanks, the wife and I were out this AM. So far it is turkeys 6 us 0. 13 more days to go.

Thanks Mydogmo for a the heads up.

Terry

10-May-21
Just saw our first turkeys. At a stock tank getting a drink, will spend the day there tomorrow waiting for a return visit.

Terry

20-May-21
Well the hunt has come and gone. The Mrs. did not get a turkey. Had a couple of opportunities at the stock pond. First opportunity: two toms come in and drink. The problem was they were joined at the hip and shooting one she would also have hit the other. Second opportunity: single tom comes in, safety off getting the shotgun up slowly so the turkey doesn't spot her. ATV shows up just as she is about ready to pull the trigger. Turkey flies off. I didn't know they flew that well. The area turned blue from the cussing.

Total turkeys we saw was about 15, mostly hens, 8 white tails, and about 40 elk and one fat angus bull. Closest turkey encounter 10 ft. closest w.t. encounter 10 yds. a buck. Closest elk encounter was about 5 feet. None of the close encounters resulted in a spooked animal, they just didn't know we were there.

Terry

• Sitka Gear