GoJakesGo 04-Apr-21
Gusto 04-Apr-21
Buck Watcher 05-Apr-21
Gusto 05-Apr-21
RUGER1022 05-Apr-21
Gusto 05-Apr-21
TargetPanic 05-Apr-21
04-Apr-21
Anybody use these? Been a fixed blade user but I've had a difficult time tuning my Destroyer shooting fixed blades. Perhaps age is catching up to me and I'm not as stable as I once was. Archery shop also said many newer bows are speed demons and fixed blades can cause issues (I'll use this excuse) Been watching YouTube videos of Thorn expandable blades and they are pretty unique and many of the independent testers have lots of good things to say about them.

04-Apr-21
What fixed blades you shooting? Arrow and spine? Fletching type? Is your bow in perfect tune? Do your broadheads spin true? Sorry for all the questions but it could be one or more of these things contributing to it.

05-Apr-21
Find a fixed head that will fly well for you. Start with Exodus. No mechs for me ever again.

05-Apr-21
QAD Exodus is a great broadhead known to be easy to tune. I went with Iron Will Wide’s this past year and got them hitting with my field points no problem. I micro tuned my rest and knock point and cam timing to do so ( I have my own press so I can tinker). I broadhead tune instead of worrying about paper tuning too much. I picked up some Musacchia broadheads at the WI Open Season show this year, they are a reboot of the original Muzzy design from the son of the originator. Made in USA, super high quality and pretty affordable.. I’m gonna give them a try too and see how I like em

05-Apr-21

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Age did catchup to me . My accuracy sucked for several years . I lowered the poundage , changed arrows, & retuned . I'm shooting like I used to again with fixed blades . Slick tricks & Muzzys depending on what bow I 'm shooting . Pic is 40 yards .

05-Apr-21
Lowering poundage is a huge help as we age. I can still pull 70 but my bow is a 60 lb max (draws 62 lbs). I feel the lower draw weight is a big help. I wouldn’t be afraid to go to 50lbs if I needed to... with a quality arrow and quality fixed blades head it’s plenty for whitetail

05-Apr-21
I know three people who tried these heads 2 years ago and they had suspect results. The design then was more of a punch cutter opening system. They had poor penetration and the blades didn't deploy most of the time. I tried shooting one and the blades did not open. 1 user had a Raven x-bow and the other was shooting a well tuned compound close too 300 fps. I would keep looking and keep asking around. I wouldn't trust some of the u-tube reviews. Good Luck

• Sitka Gear