cnelk 06-Apr-21
WYOelker 06-Apr-21
T Mac 06-Apr-21
cnelk 06-Apr-21
cnelk 06-Apr-21
cnelk 06-Apr-21
Nock 07-Apr-21
06-Apr-21
Hey guys any advice fly fishing in the copper mountain area? I’m looking to take my 16 year old son on our first out west fly fishing adventure in late June. Thanks!

06-Apr-21

cnelk's Link
See Link

06-Apr-21
What are your goals? Walking Distance from Copper Mountain there are several ponds along the highway and a stream that is fishable. There is a small Lake Called Officer Gulch, has fish and can be good but small fish. The Blue River is Trophy Waters and has some pigs in it, that is near Breckenridge below Dillon Res. If you go south out of Breck and over Hoiser pass you have a big chunk of the Middle Fork of the south platter river. If you want to hike there is a trail to Wheeler Lakes that takes off into the wilderness right by the high way exit. If you want to drive there is fishing in about every direction...

06-Apr-21
Thank you Brad that link will be very helpful. My goal is to wade some small waters with my son and give him a taste of the west. If we catch a few trout that’d be a bonus. I was thinking fish with a guide out of frisco or silverthorne the first day and then explore a little the next 3 days. He’s got the fly fishing bug and mostly salt water fly fishing here on Long Island. He’s been tying his own flies for the past year now and I’m just learning to fly fish to share in his passion.

06-Apr-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
My lives in Dillon. He fly fishes a lot. We went last week up in that area. Most any stream off the beaten path will be fun.

06-Apr-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

06-Apr-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

07-Apr-21
Expect crowds on the weekends anywhere near a road. Cnelk, pre-mud season is the best. Looks like a great trip with your own personal guide!

• Sitka Gear