Two Feathers 18-Apr-21
blackwolf 18-Apr-21
Live2Hunt 19-Apr-21
raspyoldhen 19-Apr-21
RUGER1022 20-Apr-21
Live2Hunt 20-Apr-21
06-Apr-21

Muskybuck's embedded Photo
Always nice to pick up a shed while scouting.
Always nice to pick up a shed while scouting.
Spent four days scouting this Wed.-Sat. The cold kept the deer ticks away and it was a really nice time to be in the woods. Walked lots of miles and punched in lots of waypoints. I met up with MjF for a couple days of scouting in one of his really nice areas that he generously shared with me.

06-Apr-21

Apparently these ancient stumps was the spot where an old timer once "hunted." Those beer cans were from before tabs were used.

06-Apr-21

Some incredible aspen stands are still around.
Some incredible aspen stands are still around.
Not sure why this tree was marked like this. This was not in an area that was to be logged.
Not sure why this tree was marked like this. This was not in an area that was to be logged.

06-Apr-21
I just got back from a spring scout and it was a fail. The road I needed for access was shut down due to wet conditions and didn't feel like peddling a bicycle. I'll try again after May 1st.

The weather was awesome. No bugs. I left the dog at home cause I was concerned about ticks but ticks were not an issue on this trip. Spent most of my time running the chainsaw and working on stands.

06-Apr-21

An impressive primary scrape to keep an eye on this fall.

06-Apr-21
I've been getting out in the woods also as of late. Working on a stand for rifle hunting. All is going well. Beautiful day today. Beautiful day to share with mother nature and what she offers to those willing to look, search, and find. Just think, most of us on here get out into the woods numerous times during the year and we get to enjoy what the great outdoors brings,...whatever it is, at least one of us, in our group is there to experience it. Then think of those city-bound who experience concrete, traffic, the hustle & bustle of 21st. century living and, for many, a job far removed from anything even close to the outdoors. What a difference, the two groups! Lucky is the person who can blend the two and take the best from each.

07-Apr-21
Muskybuck, it was a great couple of days pounding the ground with you, had to run my truck through the car wash twice lol. Casekiska "Then think of those city-bound who experience concrete, traffic, the hustle & bustle of 21st. century living and, for many, a job far removed from anything even close to the outdoors". I live in the Twin Cities....your comment is exactly why I put on an average of 25,000 miles a year driving back and forth to Northern Wisconsin just to get away from the hustle and bustle of the concrete forest down here.

07-Apr-21
In areas where the state monitors a plot for growth over time, they for some reason mark a few trees with the SP. I only know that because they marked some trees on my former property with the SP. They came annually and collected measurements, and other data from their test area. I am sure others know more.

07-Apr-21

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
Spent last week finishing 2 ground blinds . The 1 pictured is on a hill overlooking 2 trails that merge coming out of a bedding area . Very remote , not even a beer can or Cig butt around . Won't go back until late Aug. To check .

After 3 inches of rain & record heat this week the Ticks are everywhere . Time to chase Walleyes .

07-Apr-21
Scouted a small piece of property in Ozaukee county today. Put out a camera and picked out two trees for my climber.

08-Apr-21
I sure wish I could get out and walk the woods, but it will have to wait a bit longer. The leg injury is slowly getting better but cannot walk on uneven ground yet.

09-Apr-21

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo
I took a drive today and got some pics from the truck.

11-Apr-21
Spent some time in Collins Marsh yesterday checking on apple trees. That was not good. No trees with buds.

13-Apr-21
Muskybuck, I've seen several trees marked like that in Bayfield County.

14-Apr-21
Walked another piece of Collins Marsh today and picked out an ambush spot.

14-Apr-21
I will talk to my forester friend and see if he knows what “SP” means on those two trees I found on county land.

16-Apr-21
I got out for a bit this AM on some county land. Found a few rubs that may look promising this year. Lots of sign and kicked up a few grouse along the way. Went out to cut firewood but that didn't happen. Spent to much time poking around in the woods.

18-Apr-21
Musybuck,, That is a forest inventory and analysis plot. Can be found on public and private land.

18-Apr-21
Thanks Arrow.

18-Apr-21
Scouted some public along the Manitowoc River this afternoon and did not see anything to get me excited except some oaks.

18-Apr-21
Great day to do a little scouting my Bayfield county spots. Figured out a bedding area for big buck I located last fall. Fresh track looks like his so maybe I will see him this year, only saw his sign last year.

19-Apr-21
I'm hoping we get some acorns this year, last year I could not find any except a few in Price county.

19-Apr-21
Growth and green up in the woods is 5 weeks ahead of last year. Hens are laying eggs everyday. One nest had 8 eggs in it. In past spring turkey hunts this is week 5 activity. Just my observation.

20-Apr-21

Checked out a new area that has some potential. Saw this sign , thats a first .

20-Apr-21
Ruger, I've seen those in the Cheq Forest in Price county also. I think they are for government trapping of beaver.

• Sitka Gear