Ccity65 08-Apr-21
Jaquomo 08-Apr-21
Winded 09-Apr-21
Jaquomo 10-Apr-21
07-Apr-21

samman's Link
Just got an email. Good? Bad?

07-Apr-21
Curious to hear opinions on this as well. Not enough applicants?

07-Apr-21
Hmmm...maybe the CPW didn’t get the number of applications that they were expecting? Since they seem to be revenue driven...

07-Apr-21
This i s the content of the email I got. "DENVER – Hunters hoping to draw a big-game license in Colorado in 2021 will now have until Fri., April 9 at 8 p.m. MT to apply in the primary draw due to volume-related technological issues that kept some hunters from being able to apply before the original deadline of April 6 at 8 p.m.

“We’re going to do what’s right for our hunters,” said CPW Director Dan Prenzlow. “This will ensure those who encountered errors within our system through no fault of their own can still apply to hunt in Colorado this year.”

Approximately 20% of the almost 700,000 big game primary draw applications were submitted in the last 24 hours of the application period, which opens March 1 annually. The volume-related issues encountered by the system occurred as thousands of people were submitting applications as the deadline approached. Applicants are reminded that applying early allows for ample time to receive confirmation of their application and, in the case that they do experience any issues, for them to be resolved prior to the deadline. CPW advises hunters not to wait until the last minute to apply during this one-time extension to avoid any additional issues. "

07-Apr-21
Doesn’t appear to be a conspiracy. The system was crashing in the last hours of the application period. I experienced this while trying to update my deer application.

07-Apr-21
As if a month+ wasnt enough time to apply...

07-Apr-21
Bingo...cnelk!

07-Apr-21
Exactly the reason I submit mine 1-2 weeks early. Hell, those of us that got our Apps in by the deadline should be awarded a preference point and Procrastinators penalized!

07-Apr-21
I helped someone put in for about everything just before the deadline. All went smooth

07-Apr-21
CPW feels bad on application day when their system can't handle it. Anybody had any trouble on leftover day (also a big $ day)? Maybe some attention there would be prudent. Ridiculous outfit running the state I've called home for all 49 years of my life.

08-Apr-21
Same here Glunt. Helped a procrastinator out 5 min before deadline. Smooth and easy.

08-Apr-21
If there were legitimate technical glitches then I can understand the extension. Thinking back to prior years, I don't think this is the first time the system couldn't handle high traffic (maybe plan for that?). I put in the morning of the 6th and it went smoothly. I think some might be strapped for cash which is why they procrastinated (me). Applying for myself and two kids cost $180 just for elk, deer, and antelope. That's a lot of $$ for not even having an actual big game license yet. Interestingly enough, our latest stimulus check from the Feds came in the mail yesterday so maybe more people who didn't have the cash will put in now if a big batch of checks were sent at the same time.

08-Apr-21
A co-worker of mine was one of those affected. Thing is is that I reminded him several times, days ahead of the deadline, to get his apps. in, BUT he drug his feet right up to the very end and missed out, so he thought.

08-Apr-21
The extension is fine. No fault of folks who were effected. Years of the system not being able to handle the volume we all know exists, isn't.

08-Apr-21
I am so excited the dropped the previous reissue process and went back to the old disaster that was once a week release... I cant wait to see this happen every week...

08-Apr-21
Does this mean that the notification of successful applicants will be pushed out an additional 3 days? In theory you would think so. However, I am sure that CDOW will somehow manage to get the herculean amount of work that is the license draw accomplished in 3 less days this year.

08-Apr-21
I'm glad the shutouts got a chance to apply. They likely would have applied if not for the glitch. There aren't a whole bunch of folks sitting around saying, "Wow, we got a couple extra days, let's apply for Colorado elk and deer!" And then when they don't draw they will one day get a notice of a turned-in tag on their Leftover app, jump in and put it in their cart, click the pay link, watch a little circle spin around for a few minutes, then get a message saying the tag is no longer available.........

09-Apr-21
Must be trying to match last years numbers?

10-Apr-21
They far exceeded last year's numbers before the crash happened (685K vs 650).

• Sitka Gear