Arrownoob 12-Apr-21
jdbbowhunter 12-Apr-21
longbeard 12-Apr-21
Arrownoob 13-Apr-21
Arrownoob 25-Apr-21
jdbbowhunter 25-Apr-21
Arrownoob 27-Apr-21
08-Apr-21
I’m bringing my son to New York for his first hunt ever in 2 weeks! We’re from mass and due to Covid the status of the youth turkey was uncertain. With your hunter Ed having the online option we got New York licenses and a Airbnb in McDonough. It’s a 5 hour drive out so I can’t get out there and scout. If anyone has a hot tip for me and wants to pm me I’d be grateful. I’m 1 for 2 seasons for turkey. Got one my first year 2 years ago, had tag soup last year. My 12 year old is excited- I hope we can hear some gobbles!

08-Apr-21
Also- FYI if I were just by myself I wouldn’t ask for help but if I can put my son on a bird it would be really great and might inspire him to join me again.

10-Apr-21
Arrow. Why did you choose that specific area to hunt? Family/friends in that area?

12-Apr-21
Longbeard- - mass said they were not doing youth turkey seminars, which is required - New York offered online only for residents and accepted out of state hunter Ed for youth turkey. They do t require a youth turkey seminar. - planning for New York I found a farm that is hunter friendly and rented on that property. - I went to school in Rochester and used to go to a lake house when I was a kid in Richfield springs. I love upstate New York. -this trip had turned into quite a large expense for a turkey trip but it’ll be fun to travel after lockdown and I really wanted to take my 12 year old out for youth turkey.

12-Apr-21
Good luck on your hunt!

12-Apr-21
Yes good luck. I too went to school in Roch cha cha. Lol I also grew up about an hour or so north of Richfield Springs. Great area for hunting and plenty of other outdoor activities. Shoot straight and share pictures

13-Apr-21
I will. Thanks to Bowsiters for the pms too.

25-Apr-21
My son didn’t get a bird but we hunted McDonough area hard. There are some hot birds there now! We had some bad luck with weather but man that is some beautiful country. I can’t wait to go back.

25-Apr-21
Put in the effort, what its all about. Glad your son got a chance to hunt! 31 days in may, keep after them you'll get it done!

27-Apr-21
I’m considering returning for a few days between may 22-31. Mass season will be over. I got 1 bird in the first 28 minutes of season. My 2nd tag is for my son. I have the ny tags might come out again but not as far as McDonough

• Sitka Gear