TRnCO 12-Apr-21
Nock 12-Apr-21
Ramhunter 12-Apr-21
Selfie Bow Tech 23-Apr-21
Treeline 23-Apr-21
Winded 24-Apr-21
11-Apr-21

soccern23ny's Link
https://kdvr.com/news/local/colorado-hunting-applications-for-big-game-break-record-high/

11-Apr-21
CPW extended the drawing for the common man. Because they are the common man. Thank you CPW! Congratulations on a new record!

11-Apr-21
It was a new record before they extended the deadline. I think this is due to a couple factors - the policy of not requiring fronting of money anymore, and the fact that everyone just got a welfare check that will pay for a CO NR hunt.

11-Apr-21
It was a new record before they extended the deadline. I think this is due to a couple factors - the policy of not requiring fronting of money anymore, and the fact that everyone just got a welfare check that will pay for a CO NR hunt.

11-Apr-21
Jaq, and don't forget the exploding population in Colorado. All's one had to do is drive around to the local FS access on Saturday's turkey opener to see that.

11-Apr-21
This sucks....

11-Apr-21
looks like it will be busier in public woods this year than last.

11-Apr-21
The youngsters coming up will never know what they missed

11-Apr-21
statistically it won't change the hunter density in draw units. it may cause an increase in OTC units for those who don't draw. it will undoubtedly increase point creep.

12-Apr-21
really not much of an increase in the big picture when you consider several big game species and several different methods/weapon choices. Now if they all only applied for elk with archery, it would be significant.

12-Apr-21
What's another 35K in the draw Vs last year? I am so lucky, this will have no effect on my draw results. I fully expect to hunt several highly sought after units.

12-Apr-21
Honestly without proper context this really doesn't mean anything. It is merely a comparison of applications last year vs applications this year. As more units go to draw, the number of applicants is going to naturally increase because many of the hunters typically would just come and buy a OTC tag and never apply for a preference points. Especially true for non-residents.

This gives the appearance of an increase in demand which may or may not be true. Regardless, it should put more pressure on our Governor to understand that hunting is still very popular in the state of Colorado and spin the message to say that the popularity is growing.

23-Apr-21
Jaquomo mentioned that we used to have to front the money. That weeded people out. Most people I know wouldnt do it because of that but now they are buying points. I thought less people would give into that buying points but I'm wrong. Glad I never spent 50$ a point.

23-Apr-21
Sure miss the good old days. Paper applications, different envelopes for each species, individual checks for each species...

Separated the wheat from the chaff...

24-Apr-21
Some of the increase may be a result of application changes in other mountain states and Colorado has a very cost friendly application system.

• Sitka Gear