South Carolina
Contributors to this thread:
Butchermn20 15-Apr-21
sundowner 26-Apr-21
KHNC 24-May-21
STM 12-Jul-21
Butchermn20 15-Jan-23
15-Apr-21
Hey all, Just relocated to the north western section of the state. Looking for some advice on licensing/ permits and tag registration. Permanent resident now. Avid bow hunter and used to process deer in my home state. I averaged around 55 a season in between days in the trees. I'm looking for advice on obtaining archery license and fresh water fishing licenses. I used this forum back in CT and it was very useful and the people were very informative. hoping for the same results here.

26-Apr-21
Get the current issue of the SCDNR Hunting and Fishing Regulations. Walmarts have them. There is no archery license. You can bowhunt using your standard hunting license. The upstate lost archery only seasons a few years ago. Now it's primitive weapons......usually the first 10 days of Oct, and includes muzzle loaders and crossbows. There are no regulations for archery equipment, draw weight, arrow weight, nor broadhead type, cutting width, etc. Your best chance at bowhunting deer will be to join a club. Where do you live? I'm near Table Rock in Pickens County.

24-May-21
You killed 55 deer a season or processed 55 a season? lol. Not sure what you are meaning. Or did you hunt 55 days per season?

12-Jul-21
Hi Rich Good luck down there, we worked together at WFM when they bought WO. STM.

15-Jan-23
hey all, just jumping back on this thread. Contacted this site at the beginning of my relocation. I did get my combo license. I'm not seeing much in the line of WMA for Bowhunting in the upstate, so I am back to looking for advice. Also, to clarify I do process and had done so for many years in CT.

• Sitka Gear